Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

When trying to log into Windows 10 get "Critical error" message. Start

Customer Question

When trying to log into Windows 10 get "Critical error" message.
Start menu and cortana aren't working.We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in.
Sign out now.
Have signed out some 6 times,no joy?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur? Please try the following fix: Solution #1:Shut down the computer. (If needed, press and hold the Power on/off button on the computer for about seven seconds until it power off.)Turn on the computer, but do not enter the password ***** do not log in the computer.At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.Then select the option Advanced options (or Advanced tools.)Then select option System Restore.Then restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred. Solution #2:- If that does not work, please try:Shut down the computer. (If needed, press and hold the Power on/off button on the computer for about seven seconds until it power off.)Turn on the computer, but do not enter the password ***** do not log in the computer.At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.Click on the Power icon, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.When prompted, select the option "Keep my files", and continue. Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whilst your option 2 reinstated Windows 10,unfortunately I have lost Word,Excel and a software programme

and have not been able to find or restore?
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.
What version was your Office / Word / Excel / etc.? Where did you purchase Office previously?Please sign in your Microsoft account at the website below and check:http://office.microsoft.com/(try each email address you have as needed)- If needed, you can use the OpenOffice software:http://openoffice.org/Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.