Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Just installed Office 2016 . Have set up my hotmail

Just installed Office 2016 for MAC. Have set up my hotmail account - not a problem, but for some reason I can't see any emails that I have received since the 1st October 2015 until now? All the other previous to this I have. Any ideas?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
If you go on your computer to www.outlook.com
Do you see the emails from 1st October until now listed there?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes - they are all there and they all come down on my iphone and Ipad as normal and they do remain there and they are not cleared from the server.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Send an email to yourself from within outlook 2016.
Is it then received within outlook?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent one to myself - nothing, but if I sent it to another email address, I can see it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
close outlookPress the windows key + R and type in outlook.exe /safe Press enter Then send and receive (click it) and tell me if you then see it please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a mac laptop, as I am using Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac. Would this be the same keys?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, it will be different steps.Can you close OutlookThen open Finder,open the Application folder and then opening the Microsoft Office folder. Open the Office folder, and then double-click Microsoft Database Utility.app.Repair the main identity, let this complete and then restart the Mac and tell me if it now downloads the emails please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - i looked in applications and there isnt a folder stated as "office" as would be for windows, but can see all the other folders that came with office - like word, excel, powerpoint and of course outlook
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it depends on how you installed it.
But your looking for the app in the folder. Microsoft Database Utility.app.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies in the response in reply. Yes, i would accept and pleased to have remote assistsnce and help. I am replying to you on my ipad and the Mac laptop is adjacent to me which is what you need to access. So you will need to guide me through it to enable you gain access.Where is the extra help to click?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i log back onto this site from my laptop. Would that be easier so you gain access?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What additional information will you require Richard

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still downloading

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its downloaded but won't open?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Whats the error you get when you try to open it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Got it now

591 473 204

ecf559

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are you there Richard

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes Andy, did you complete the instructions I gave you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, and I have added the original hotmail which has and still has the problem, and also I have added the "electrical training" hot mail account too. That one appears (as far as I can tell) to be working as a load of calendar appointments came down. The personal hotmail is still stuck on 1st October!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you require those login numbers again, or does it need to regenerate some new ones?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you send yourself again an email, it is still now received now correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nothing on either account

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
the other account though it gets all emails from correct?
The other hotmail one you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have sent emails between the two hotmail accounts and also to myself using this Mac and still nothing comes through. Just checked on my iPad - they are going out and received there, but not received back onto this Mac!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
So both hotmail accounts are not receiving emails?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It looks to me that the Mac is blocking its own incoming hotmail accounts although they were sent from it - if you know what I mean.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
can you run Teamviewer again please Andy and give me the password ***** connect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not sure if I have done it right

Try 591 473 204

and s9a44d

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Now rebooted as requested and now waiting. Still appears the same

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
at the bottom, is it still 0 of 1500 emails downloaded? Or the 0 increased?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

With work it say 0/1559

With personal it says 952/23532 when its not saying "sync pending"

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I what it looks like here Andy it needs to first finish the really large one 952/23532
Then it can do the other account,
Can you let me know when it is done please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not really sure how long this will take! The internet is really slow here!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
all depends on the size of the combined emails.But we need to give it a chance to download all the emails, its why you will not be seeing them as it needs to download them to the computer first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not really how long this will take. May not be finished until tomorrow!!!

Its 19.30 here and "work" now says 184/1073. Its slowly going down.

Seems to get so far then stops downloading and stalls. Maybe because the Internet is so sssssllloooowww here in the evening!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you will need to leave it Andy till everything is downloaded, even if this takes more then a day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. i will leave it until its finished or it appears its not doing anything. May day a couple of days at the rate its going. "work" email was now down about 600 and the "personal" remains as it was at 23000+ emails. Will speak soon with an update
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks good. The "work" hotmail now works after it downloaded the emails. The "personal" email didnt do anything and left around 23,000 to be downloaded without anything happening. I then deleted about 3000 old emails direct using my PC, then removed this email address from the laptop and reinstalled it. This seemed to sort it out this time and appears now to be working after it dowloaded the remaining emails. I Then sent emails to myself on both accounts and was found okay.
Will check tomorrow to ensure all is well before closing this conversation down. Thanking you in advance to what you have done.