Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Have downloaded Word 2016 onto my Mac and each time I open

Have downloaded Word 2016 onto my Mac and each time I open it I'm asked to grant permission to access 'custom dictionary' (sometimes several times!) How can I get rid of this?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Do you have a previous version of MS Office installed in that computer? Which version is it?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that would be office 2011

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information.The cause of this problem is that, your custom dictionary is stored in your old MS Office 2011 folder while your MS Word 2016 is stored in a different folder. Please locate your custom dictionary file and see if it is in your MS Office 2011 folder. If yes, please MOVE this file to the same directory of your Word 2016 file. Then close MS Word and open it again and see if the problem is gone.Keep me posted.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Couldn't open word 2011 and inadvertantly moved it to trash - but have tried the new version again and it appears to have got rid of the problem.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. If you will no longer use Word 2011 and have decides to delete or trash it, then that will fix the problem. The "moving" procedure is to fix the problem while keeping your Word 2011. But since you removed or trashed it, Word 2016 will look for the custom dictionary from Word 2011 folder and when it cannot find it since it was trashed already, it will then recreate the default custom dictionary file in the right location. Thus you shall not be bombarded by the annoying error any more.Thank you.I hope that helped.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess