jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I have just moved 44 emails in to a folder but all emails

Customer Question

I have just moved 44 emails in to a folder but all emails have disappeared they did not get transferred nor are they in the delete box this is not the first time this happens where are they how can I retrieve them ??
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Can you let me know who your email provider is and also how are you accessing your email? Are you logging in to a portal on your web browser or perhaps are you using an email software like Microsoft Outlook?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI Not very technical but Our emails are hosted in the city of London on a secure server - I access emails via outlook and we use IMAP does this help ?

I am working on a mac but I am using Microsoft outloook

Yes, that helps quite a bit. So do you know of an alternative way to access your mail box via your web browser rather then outlook?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes I can go onto the server direct and I have already done so to see if I could see the emails but nothing there

Thanks for that info, that was what I was looking to try. So on the server you do see the different folders you have created in Outlook though correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes but the folder I created is empty and the emails nowhere to be seen

I looked in the deleted folder as well just in case and nothing there either

Not sure where else I can look

Just wanted to make sure IMAP was syncing your folders correctly from outlook to your server
Do you have other folders? Perhaps they were accidentally dropped in a different folder ?
Try searching your entire mailbox in outlook for one of the missing messages
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I did that already NOTHING any where !!!

I understand, very sorry for your frustrations, the only option at this point then would be to try to restore a backup of your mail server to see if you can retrieve these missing messages...do you know if your mail server is being backed up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not sure I would hope so as we are a business but I will have to check it out tomorrow in the mean time I think this is really stupid of outlook I only have problems with email since I have bought a new MAC - I hate it !!!

So there is nothing you can think off or tell me why this is happening ??

Unfortunately sorry I couldn't tell you exactly why this is happening - the only thing I can think of is that when moving the messages they got lost in translation due to a bad connection to the email server...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

obviously not the answer I was looking for !!!

I understand, sorry I will opt out to allow someone else to try to assist you
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As I have paid the money and will not get a refund you may as well try to find an answer to this question !!

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

You can request a refund at any time, did you want a refund?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have emailed but no reply !! but i would rather have a solution to the problem if we can !!

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for getting back to me.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying that you cannot find an answer to this problem ?? If this is the case yes pls refund the money paid thank you