dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Computer Engineer
Experience:  10+ years of Desktop, Laptop, and Server troubleshooting and support.
71208907

I have a problem with live mail, over the last few days all

Customer Question

I have a problem with live mail, over the last few days all my old emails going back to 2013 have come back to me i am now showing over 11,000 emails in my inbox.i have checked web mail and that only shows current and recent emails. How can i correct this problem. I am working on windows 8 and office 365 and have not made any changes to my email application settings Regards ***** *****
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! Brian - The quickest solution to this would be to remove your mail account from Office 365 and then add it back again
Since you mentioned it is not happening in webmail I suspect your computer may be reloading some cached files
When you re create the account it will make a new profile...which should resolve this. It will only sync what is on the web mail server itself
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do i remove the mail account and set it back up,this was set up for me when i bought the computer/
if I change to Outlook is there anyway of transferring my contacts?
Your contacts should automatically sync back, but we can back them up first to be sure. I can offer additional services for a remote session so that I can assist you to complete this fix while you watch if you would like. Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay in coming back to you I have been out all day and only just picked up your answer
Would this remote session cost me or is it all in the £24 I have pledged?
I can offer the remote session for an additional $15USD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I don't like it, I thought this would be part of the initial cost as the problem hasn't been solved. When can you connect remote?
We can arrange for Monday if that is OK for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK what time
I am in CST, currently 2:20PM. How about 11AM CST ? on 10/26?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK not sure what CST is but I will be online at 11am UK time 26-10-15
OK it would be 4AM for me when it is 11AM for you, can we arrange to connect at 6PM your time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't make 6pm I could do 5pm or 9pm UK time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my message about time ?
9PM UK time would be fine, I will get in touch then
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you online I am waiting for instructions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is now 9:30 and I need to eat I will be back online at 10pm
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what has happened but I am not happy sitting here wasting time. Perhaps you can message me with a revised time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am still waiting for a response
I am so sorry for the delay, for some reason my internet connection was lost yesterday and I was unable to sign on at that time. Are you available again today at 9PM?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sorry I am here now but going out in 1 hour ie 7pm UK time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not impressed with the speed of responses ! I am away now until Thursday evening so could do 9 pm Thursday or Friday
please advise
I am honestly not sure what is going on with the JA system as I am not getting the notices that you have replied. Thursday evening @ 9PM is fine, please email me***@******.*** to ensure that I know you are online