Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am having trouble trying to access my hotmail account.

Customer Question

Hello. I am having trouble trying to access my hotmail account. I cannot remember my password ***** also I have lost the details of the two step microsoft verification log in. Every time I try to re-set my password ***** come to a dead end. Can you help?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using a computer that you have been using to access the problem Hotmail account for quite sometime already? I am asking this because, if you have been using the same computer, we can dig for some email information in your system that can be helpful for the recovery process.Also, is your computer running Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 10?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jess,

My computer runs on windows Vista. This is the only computer I access my emails from, apart from my cell phone.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thank you for writing back with that information. So in your computer, have you been using a web browser like Internet Explorer or Chrome to access your Hotmail? Or have you used an email program before like MS Outlook 2010 or Windows Live Mail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I type in 'hotmail' in my Google Web browser and then click on the MS outlook option where I type in a my hotmail account and my password.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for writing back with that information. So based on your description, you are only using a web browser to access your Hotmail account.When was the last time that you were able to login and access your Hot mail? Few days ago? A month ago?You mentioned that you have already tried the recovery process but your security options information were forgotten as well. We can still recover that account but recovery takes few days to complete and this requires a Hotmail moderator intervention.Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check your recovery options and contact a Hotmail moderator for you while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a very minimal one time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time with the remote session for free.Please let me know if you want this remote option or if you want this chat method to proceed.Thank you.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jess,

Yes, I only log on to my hotmail account through a Web browser when on my computer. I was last able to log in to my account about a week ago.

I am happy for you to remotely log into my computer. When would you plan to do that?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for writing back and thank you for your permission to do remote access.We can do the remote session now or later if you are available. But to have a Hotmail moderator intervention, you need to create a new Hotmail account first since you can only contact a moderator once you are signed in to Hotmail.Please try to create a new hotmail account and let me know when you have done so.Thank you.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jess,

I will be online from 1900 (British time) onwards this evening if that is OK? I will set up a new hotmail account as well.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back. Approximately how many hours from now will that be? I am from another time zone and my time now as of this writing is 4:40PM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jess,

I'm not quite sure of the time difference as my last reply to you was sent about 23.13, though the time showing at the top of the reply box is 19.13. I wasn't awake when your reply came through (showing 04.39) so I'm not sure.

I can stay online this evening for as long as it takes if that helps?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back, I believe we can now do the remote session. I will now send the formal additional service offer so that we can initiate the remote session.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Great. Unfortunately I am still at work. I hope to be home in 2 hours time. It is 17.20hrs at the moment so I should be by my computer at 19.30.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jess,

I have set up a new hotmail account, *****@******.***.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thank you for writing back with that information. Please let me know when you are available for the remote session so that I can send you the link.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jess,

I am online and ready to go whenever you are.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. 1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=09b48a5b-35d8-4c5a-882a-af0b0583c03f2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess