Shefin
Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

Running Windows 10 and Excel 2016; excel spreadsheet includes

Running Windows 10 and Excel 2016; excel spreadsheet includes hyperlinks to photos (jpegs); the default browser in Photo Gallery - but excel launches IE to view - can this by changed?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Please be informed that Photo gallery is not a browser. Would you like to change the default browser? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No - when I open the spreadsheet and click on a hyperlink I want Photo Gallery to launch and display the photo.

PS: my email is***@******.***

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please try the following and let me know if the issue persists. (1) Right click on Start button and select Run. in Run dialog box, type in regedit and press enter.(2) Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT -> jpegfile -> CLSID(3) Right-click on “Default” (the Value Name) and select “Modify”(4) Change “Value data” from {25336920-03F9-11cf-8FD0-00AA00686F13} to {FFE2A43C-56B9-4bf5-9A79-CC6D4285608A} Then, try opening Hyperlinks again and let me know if the issue persists. If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorted thanks.

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N