jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I've very recently purchased windows 10 (was using Win

Customer Question

Hello, I've very recently purchased windows 10 (was using Win XP home) with MS word & MS Office (95)(98 os 2)&(2000 Office) all worked fine. Having copied all files onto external HD's, these word docs do not function properly including word docs with attached photographs.
Please assist. What app will help?
C
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Did you perform a clean install of Windows 10 which means that your old system was wiped out and the new Win10 was installed?Also, what version of MS Office are you using now in your Windows 10 computer?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Jess, Sorry about the wait...I purchased w10 from an IT local boffin. He inserted a 250Gb SSD into desktop ( I already had 2 HHD's 1x 500Gb & 1x Tb HHD's + an external HHD - all 3 had my 400+ typed A4 pages that included photographs.W10 cannot read them.Also the MS Excel cannot be read!C
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've tried installing MS Office 2000 but ...No Good!
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about your issues. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the problem in your Windows 10 while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK go aheadC
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
How is it going?