Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have a Pentax KM digital camera, bought 6/7 years ago. I

Customer Question

I have a Pentax KM digital camera, bought 6/7 years ago. I have been able to download my photos to my laptop without difficulty while it was running on Windows 8. I recently upgraded to Widows 10 but cannot download my latest photos. I keep getting the message on the laptop that it cannot find any more photos on the memory card in the camera nor will they download to my printer (HP Photosmart7520).
Any suggestions?
John Hollow.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
Can you tell me the make and model of your Laptop please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Acer aspire

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me the full model of it please John?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

According to the Guide literature the model number is ***** as:-

PEW71

PEW72

PEW76

The tag on the laptop itself states "Aspire 5742."

Hope this helps.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you please remove the SD card (memory card) from the camera.
Then on the bottom right of your Laptop, there is a SD Card slot. remove the dummy card, as shown in the manual on page 52 here
http://data.manualslib.com/pdf2/25/2492/249194-acer/aspire_5742.pdf?2e23ae3db64378e7fd1c224b1cdbba9f
And put your SD card into it from the camera.
Then go to Windows File Explorer and tell me if you can then access the photos please.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Else let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, there is no card slot on my laptop.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
There is John, look at the manual I provided for your model please, on Page 52 you will see where it is placed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard, I have removed the battery pack as shown in the manual but I can't see any slot for a card despite looking carefully.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but its not near the battery pack.
I am not sure if you were on the correct page... its on the diagram where is shows.
But we will have to skip this step as either there is a misunderstanding occuring from the manual or you have a different model then what you told me.
If you connect the camera to the computer via the cable.
Then press the windows key + E
And in the new window, click on This PC
What is listed under it?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Downloaded but no ID or password ***** if it was it disappeared before I could read it.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you need to run the file you just downloaded please John.
Then follow the onscreen steps and install it.
Then it gives you the ID and password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard I tried that. Sorry but I have an appointment now and have to go. Won't be available until later in the day. Perhaps we can try again.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
we can then John, I will be here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard,

Sorry I had to go before we had sorted out the problem. I've been tied up for the last few days with other things but I'm now free if you are available.

John

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem JohnCan you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download for Free Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Id 659 263 300

Password *****

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting now