Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Can you help to get my email facility restored? I use Windows7

Customer Question

Can you help to get my email facility restored?
I use Windows7 and recently had my disc wiped, by a Microsoft Certified enginer, following a virus attack. As a result all of my email data and login details have been lost.
I have 2 email addresses a)*****@******.*** and***@******.***.
Both of these addresses were in use with Mozilla Thunderbird who will not re-activate my account with the password, which they do not store and which I cannot now find.
I would appreciate any help you can give me.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It is correct that Thunderbird does not store the password, it only connects to the service
If you click on my link below and try to sign into***@******.*** what exactly happens?
Click me to open
Please let me know
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried to sign in to***@******.*** but it requested a password ***** which I don't have.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you reset the password ***** my link below
https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx
Once done, use this new password ***** sign in.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK. I have reset the password ***** this email address but still cannot see how this gets access to my Thunderbird account.

Am I missing something?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, your going too many steps ahead Alan....
Please just work with me on the steps I ask you to, else it will all get messed up.
So, can you now sign into your account at oulook.com ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm signed in. It is showing me a page with basic information about my account.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, now we need to add this account in Thunderbird, now you have the password.
Remember, you do not have a Thunderbird account, its an email program that you add email accounts to
So in Thunderbird, do the following to add the email account
Launch Mozilla Thunderbird.
Go to Tools> Account Settings and click Add Account.
Select Email account and click Next.
Enter your name and your Outlook address , then click Next.
Fill in the right information, then click Next.
Select POP and enter the server name pop3.live.com.
Uncheck "Use Global Inbox overall"
Under "Incoming User Name" with your full Hotmail address (e.g***@******.***) and click Next.
Then choose a name for your account (Home account ...), then click Next.
Check the summary of your personal information, then confirm.
It is then added in Thunderbird
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, but i've spent ages trying to follow the instructions but getting absolutely no-where.

What would be the cost if you accessed my computer to finalise the Thunderbird set-up?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I cannot see this but it is what the message shows when you see it pop up.
you will see it show now.
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is not showing the ID/Password.

It shows a page with questions such as:

How do you want me to proceed?

How do you want to use Teamviewer?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes as your now installing it, you want to use Teamviewer for personal use with the basic installation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ID = 663 804 466

PW= 7171

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Richard. You stuck with it and got the result I was hoping for. What could be better than that.

Wink

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

your welcome!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard. when hover.com gave us an email password ***** it a temporary, I think it was. If so did you change it, and what to? If not how can I do it?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No I do not believe it was, as they did not say this, and I did not change it, I left it as they gave it. Did you write it down?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I wrote it down. It was hover plus some digits. Is it easy for me to change this on Thunderbird? Sorry to be a pest.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
First, your not a pest.
Second, Thunderbird is only a email Client, it cannot do alterations to your account.
I saw no way to change it on their website, you would need to chat to them again and have them change it, but I would leave it Alan....