Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

I upgraded to windows 10 and since I did I cannot get into

Customer Question

I upgraded to windows 10 and since I did I cannot get into my hotmail account
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think you need to take a simpler approach. Hotmail is accessed throughwww.hotmail.comand you enter your full hotmail email address there as the 'Email or phone' entry, then enter your password, carefully, as you know it to be, then try to sign in. If it refuses that, does not log in, then click on the link forCan't access your account?and carefully, step-by-step, and not in haste, follow the directions there. Note: if you are asked for another email address to email your login information, or your reset information etc., to.... do not enter your hotmail address. Enter a different email address, that you *do* have access to. Then, after about 10 minutes, look in that other email address, for the email from Hotmail about resetting or redoing your password. And follow directions / click link, found there. If you do not have an alternate email address, get one at any number of free email websites (but *not* at hotmail)... if you need a suggestion as to such an email website, let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What you told me to do I have tried on several occasions and that way has not helped at all. I really need to speak to someone as I have documents I need to access.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Try registering a Live Phone Call service request using your JustAnswer customer controls, I suggest. Since I cannot offer a live phone call, I have Opted Out, making way for any other Expert that can help you with this case.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Iam going to give you steps to a private forum that is checked byOutlook/Hotmail moderators that can assist you in real time.First you are going to need to create another email address with Hotmail.Please go to the following link to create that.https://signup.live.com/signup.aspxOnce you create the new address do the following... Go to the following link and click Participate and thenclick Ask a question on the menu at the top. A box will appear. In that boxtype what has happened. Remember to be very polite and give as much informationas you can.Here is the link to the forums: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/