Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

RE: Order #15751184-3 I was prompted to download Google Chrome.

Customer Question

RE: Order #15751184-3
I was prompted to download Google Chrome. Gmail is***@******.***. The screen access is stalled in attempting to connect.
Any suggestions?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
Can you tell me please exactly on which device you are doing this on please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HP laptop - Realtek w/Intel.

FYI - I spent time chatting with "John" last night and already paid a fee. Do I have to pay another fee?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I do not see any other questions from you here Karen.
You may have done this on another account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I used same email *****@******.*** - Order #15751182-3 - I chatted w/"John".

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I do not see anything here, you will need to email customer support***@******.*** and they can help you locate this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Regardless of fee, can you help me with my orig problem stated in my past message?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if you wish to continue on this question with me, we can, through you would be paying the fee again...If this is ok, can you clarify, is the issue you cannot get Chrome installed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The issue is that when I try to use an app, I am prompted to enter a Microsoft Admin Password ***** my old/unused email account, which I don't know. I have 2 users in my User Account Control account and need to delete the one which is prompting me to enter a password ***** my old/unused email address.

How do I delete a user bypassing the Microsoft Admin password ***** or is there a password ***** can be assigned to access the Microsoft prompt for myold/unused email.

Yesterday your colleage "John" had me download "Screen Cnnect" to possibly fix my prob remotely but it is still trying to install as of now.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, we can remove the account, but then you will lose all the data within that account as your computer is linked to it.
Before we do this, do you have the data backed up off the computer? (eg: Onto a USB hard disk)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, we're good to go.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, now press the windows key + X
Click on Control Panel
Click on Manage another account link.
Click Yes if prompted by UAC.
Click on the Account name which you want to delete.
Click on Delete the account link.
Depending on how you want to handle users personal files, click on Delete Files or Keep Files to continue.
Click on Delete Account button to continue.
Then restart the computer and sign in with the correct account you also have on the computer and it will now use this from now on.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK - this is exactly when my problem accures...

I don't have the specific choice of "Manage Another Account Link" so I choose "User Account Control" box. I then get the Microsoft Prompt window (Program: "User Accounts Control Panel", Publisher Microsoft Windows on hard drive). In this prompt window it shows my Old email account and insists on a password ***** I don't have.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it sounds like its completly corrupted, else you would be able to remove this, but if you cannot do it this way we need to do a reinstall.
All your data is backed up correct? (Programs we will need to reinstall again)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK - I have all my files on a recovery drive.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect.
Power off the computer
Start it up and on the log in screen, hold down the SHIFT button and with it held down, click the power icon and choose restart. Keep SHIFT held until it has restarted into a menu. Choose Troubleshoot, then Reset my PC. This returns the PC to new, so you can set it up again.
Then use the correct account when setting up the computer.
Let me know the results please