Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have an O2 mobile ,number is *****

Hi. I have an O2 mobile ,number is *****
For some reason it has stopped anything coming through via Microsoft store I.e WhatsApp or game store,it won't allow me update anything.
Each time I have tried to login ,even in the O2 shop, it keeps coming back ,,,don't recognise this number or account.
I have forgotten my password, but again trying to get a new password. It just won't allow me ..
Please please can you help me
Brenda Buckley
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please the make and model of your phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard
I'm fairly sure itca Lumia 630
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the phone and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and turn on the phone and tell me if you still get the issue.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hope still the same,,it goes to stores ,then asks me to login to Microsoft account,, but that doesn't recognise me !!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to sign into your account via my link below?
www.hotmail.com
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sorry as I have forgotten my password,, but each time I try to change & get a new password. Microsoft says it doesn't recognise my number or email !!!!! Very frustrating
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then you have an issue here, your only option is to reset the phone and create a new account when doing this.
You will lose all data on the phone and it will be returned to new, but you cannot avoid this sorry.
To do the reset.
Go to Settings, About, Reset your Phone
Let this complete, setup the phone again using a new account so you have access to it and you can then use the phone normally.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi RichardThànkyou for all the advise,,I did as suggested & set up a new Microsoft account,, lost all my saved data but back in business .
Taken sometime for it all to go through but thankfully it's all completed now.Thank you once againSincerely
Brenda