Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I cannot log into my account it does not accept my passwor

Customer Question

I cannot log into my account it does not accept my password
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please when you could last sign into your account and the exact message you get when it fails?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like to log into my account which I have had for quite some time for some reason I now can't log in can you help
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, but I think you missed my initial message, I will repeat it.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The response I get trying to login isyou can't sign in to your device right now go to account.live.com to fix the problem or try the last password ***** used to log in. I have done that and it didn't work
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me your email address please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Do you have your cell phone that ends in 00 with you and if so, whats the phone number?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
***********
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
it just received a code, give that to me please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, password ***** been changed to
RichieJA16
Use this as the password, using capitals where I specified, and sign into your account.
Let me know when you have please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still can't sign in telling me to go to account.live.com to fix the problem,don't know what is happening.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I am able to sign into it with the password ***** gave you so strange,
Can you try now please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried it again it's saying the password ***** ***** make sure you are using is the password ***** your Microsoft account
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will try again
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
you need to make sure your using the password ***** gave as I specified it please as it will work
RichieJA16
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
RichieJA16 this is what I'm putting in as required but it is not letting me in
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok this is strange as its ok for me.
Can I connect to your computer and we can see whats happening.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm working from my I pad will that work using it
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No... but on the iPad you have to use the Mail App, not directly to the website.
Do you have your hotmail account setup in the mail app?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No what happens now
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Go to the App Store and download the app Microsoft Outlook, this is the App
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-outlook/id951937596?mt=8
Then use the password ***** gave you
RichieJA16
When signing in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have the app but can't see where you sign in an you help
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
when you open the App, it will ask you to sign in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's telling me to add an account I already have one
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, you enter your account details to add it to the App.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok seems to have worked the account has come through what now?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Nothing, now you can use the account, you use it via this app, the web page is only for computers and why you were having so many issues.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But my account is still locked out on my laptop which was the reason for my contact it's still not sorted out my computor is locked out.i need to have it working where do we go from here?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cannot gain access to my computor that is my problem?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you did not tell me this before, you said only the iPhone.... so why then can I not connect to the Laptop and resolve this as I asked before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
RIchard I haven't got an I phone my computor has always been the issue please can you help
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I meant iPad, I asked to connect to your computer and you said you were using a iPad.... so we went and fixed this, yet now you say you have no issue with the iPad.
anyway, I will connect to the Laptop and fix this, as the password ***** ***** so I do not know what your doing.
And I have requested you accept the extra amount for the extended session.
Please do this and I can send the details to connect to the Laptop.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
On your Laptop Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not in my laptop as I can't gain access to it do I do it from my I pad I have down loaded the app on my I pad but it is asking for a partners I'd what do I put in
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
you need to do this on your Laptop...
What do you mean with you cannot gain access to it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cannot gain access to my computor because it won't accept my log on password ***** get into it so I can't use it this is what my problem is
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you only ever mentioned you could not LOG ONTO your account, not a computer.
Which version of windows is on the Laptop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Windows 10
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
you have two options here which I will list out. As this is security, there is no simple solution, but any of these three options will work, it will just depend on how commfortable you feel doing them.
1)Reinstall the computer. This means you reinstall windows but lose all your data on the computer. It is not ideal, but the easiest way to do this. For this option, on the log in screen, hold down the SHIFT button and with it held down, click the power icon and choose restart. Keep SHIFT held until it has restarted into a menu. Choose Troubleshoot, then Reset my PC. This returns the PC to new, so you can set it up again.
2) Take it to a computer store, have them take out the hard drive and copy out your data to another disk. Then the reinstall can be done and you wont lose your data. Programs you have to install again.
You will have to do one of these two options to get access to the computer again.
If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.