Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have inadvertently deleted my Calendar and Contacts in Outlook

I have inadvertently deleted my Calendar and Contacts in Outlook 2013. I have Windows 10 Operating System. Can I recover my Calendar and Contacts?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It will depends, exactly how did you delete the contacts and calendar in Outlook?
What steps did you take to delete it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Richard, my name is***** was fault finding another problem that I have with Outlook, I keep getting the message "Outlook is not responding". So I Googled the problem and one solution was to delete a Data File via File > Account Settings> Data Files > Select and Delete. The Google solution informed me that a new file would be created. Email is fine but Contacts & Calendar have disappeared. Hence my question. Hope you can help? Fred

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Fred
Ok, you deleted the storage file for your contacts, if you go to your Desktop, you will see a recycle bin.
Close outlook and Double click the recycle bin, and located the deleted file. Right click it and select restore.
Then open Outlook and they should then be returned.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
else Let me know the results please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard,

The ID is 862 112 580 and password *****

m2r5t8

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Richard, that appears to have worked. If I had come to you in the first place, I could have saved £28.

Best regards,

Fred Middlebrook