Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have Office Home and Student 2013 installed on my PC. I originally

I have Office Home and Student 2013 installed on my PC. I originally had Windows 8.1, and Word worked fine. Since upgrading to Windows 10, the Home Page of Word is not the default setting. I need to click Home every time that I need to change font size, bold, underline etc, then click cursor at point in document to resume typing text.
Please could you advise on making Home the default display setting.
Mike Blundell
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues with your MS Word. If the Home tab is not the default view, what is the current default? Which tab or menu is showing when you open Word?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When Word is opened, only File is selected. Once I open a document, no tab is active
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about your issues. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issue while you watch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your permission to use remote access.For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please click on the link below, then click on the green I Agree button, then download the remote access tool. After downloading, please run it so that you can join me in the remote session.Here is the link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d042b8e6-3224-4c03-a272-cd509571556cBest regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your patience.The issue with your Word 2013 program has been resolved through remote help. Home tab is now set as the default view.I hope that helped. Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.Best regards,Jess