Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Outlook Problem - , I have just added a new email

Outlook Problem - Hello, I have just added a new email account to my list of 4 email addresses all via the same ISP account. What has happed is; the new email account address has overtaken my list of Outlook Personal Folders and become the default folder where all emails are now delivered?
I have tried all ways to rectify it, including trying to delete the new account name.
When viewed in the Outlook Accounts Settings dialog box, the new address is not in the normal window but below the window box and consequently not highlighted via the X remove key. Seen in data file C:\Users\Alan Arnold\Documents\Outlook Files\xxxxxxxxxxxx Thanks for your assistance: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you first tell me please which version of outlook you are using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Version 2010 running on Win 7
Alan
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Alan
You need to set the account you want to use as default.
To do this, click File, Account Settings.
Then click on your account in the list and and click Set as Default
Then restart outlook and this will now be the default account
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Else let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Richard but unfortunately it is not that easy (not for me, anyway). I have added a screen shot for you (MS Word) to peruse, you will notice two things, the left-hand Outlook column now has the***@******.*** file at the base, which is the new one and the pain of my issues and has become the default. The central Accounts Settings box also shows the***@******.*** / inbox which is has become the defector where all my emails are now deposited.I hope this is more revelling to you.
Alan
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What do you have set for data files on the next tab?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Data Files - My Personal Folder and***@******.*** files were there. The Personal Folder was highlighted as the default? I took the gamble and deleted the***@******.*** file and resolved my problem... Many thanks. Isn't it easy when you know how :-).
Alan
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome Alan, its one of the two that can cause this, so we needed to eliminate.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.