Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Why can't I open windows live mail

why can't I open windows live mail
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What exactly happens when you try to open windows live mail?
When did it last open?
and what is the version of windows you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Richard
This problem only started when I updated to Windows 10.
Sometimes my Windows live programme opens sometimes not.
I have tested all possibilities , new cables etc.,
Diana Bettinson
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Diana.
Can you do the following please
Press the windows key + X and click on command prompt (admin)
A black window will open.
Type in it
sfc /scannow
press enter and when it has completed, type in
chkdsk /r
Press enter.
It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.
chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.
Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.
Then check if it now opens.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
else Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but this all sounds too complicated so I will cancel this support and ait until I have someone with me
to follow your instructions.
Please disconnect.
Goodbye.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also gather that this is a problem that many people are experiencing with the new windows 10.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok.... I offered to do this for you instead? If you wish, but remoting to your computer, else have the support person do this to get this fixed.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues