Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proficient in all programs within office pro suite.
63493917

I refreshed my pc and have lost window 10 and many other apps

I refreshed my pc and have lost window 10 and many other apps is this reversable
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com YOu refreshed your PC, and lost Windows 10.What DO you have then? Win8, Win7?How did you try reinstalling Win10? With an .ISO file?What version of windows did you upgrade FROM? and WHEN did you do the upgrade? Did you go from Win7 upgraded to Win10, and now you need to REinstall Win10.That about correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now have windows 7
I tried re installing from windows site???
I upgraded from 8 a few months ago
I need to re install 10 if poss
Okay.....im a bit confused. You currently have Windows 7......and you want to upgrade to Windows 10.Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think so originally I had 8 but that seems to have disappeared altogoethrt
Originally you had Windows 8, and you upgraded it to Windows 10.Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Okay......so this is going to be very weird. HOW did you end up with Windows 7?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you will have to forgive me but I have not got a clue I think its 7 its all that was left on the pc after I refreshed it as there was a problem after a Microsoft update I could not get into some of the apps on windows 10 so I tried to fix it!
Ahh, okay....you probably DONT have Win7 then. And were just downgraded BACK to Win8, when you decided to run a refresh of windows. Now, I want to ask you if you had considered what getting Windows 10 was going to affect on your computer BEFORE getting Windows 10?I know this might be hard to believe, but I don't think Windows 10 is ready for the average user yet.There are too many bugs still left to work out. Have you ever heard of a Windows Service Pack?Windows develops them for the operating systems as a collection of patches, to fix problems, and issues that have been reported from the user community.Even Windows 8, now has its first service pack. Known simply as Windows 8.1 So what am I getting at?Don't change your operating system unless there is COMPELLING and CONFOUND REASON to do so. Don't confuse this with UPDATING, as a means of being safer.All current and updated versions of Windows (Win7, Win8, Win10) are considered as safe as they can be, and choosing to use the NEWEST, latest and greatest, you run the risk of being a statistic of bad coding/programming. And until the patch is developed and deployed...you have to deal with it.A
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so there is nothing I can o now but why can I not re install my Norton security
If you cant install Norton.....I think I may be able to fix that.I really think the best way to help you is with a Remote Session. Due to the complexity of the issue, it would take a lengthy series of back and forth messages. It is an additional charge, but it is VERY worth it. Because it usually resolves the issue very quickly, and offers an opportunity to see how an expert interacts with a PC, lending to a small learning experience.I will connect to your computer, and fix the issue while you watch, if you accept my proposal for remote tech support.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a friend is the administrator for the Norton can you still fix the pc without his details?
I thought we were going to RE-INSTALL Norton, and then activate it with your product key that you have since you already HAD Norton?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the Norton account is part of a friends package
he puts it on my pc
DO you have the product key for Norton? If not, then you HAVE to get one, before you can activate Norton, as it is not free, and requires a subscription.But, to be honest.....I hate Norton, and Mcafee. I recommend a FREE tool!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok can you put on the free tool
Oh, THATS how you get Norton. I get it. Well then, your friend would have the product key for Norton needed to activate. I can put on a free tool, SURE
Experience: Proficient in all programs within office pro suite.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry I am not very technical as I am sure you have worked out I will pay the extra £8 and lets see if you can fix this for me
Alrighty.....give me one minute to open and gather the link for you. Stand By
Use this link to join the remote session.
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e144ee2a-3173-4c91-9674-a5559418f396
Link for top rated AV http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2388652,00.asp