Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have received two emails from my ex tenant whom i had

Hi I have received two emails from my ex tenant whom i had to evict. I have opened the emails. one email had the word Malware and some sort of warning that my personal details could be hacked.Please help I want to know if my hotmail account is still safe has any personal details been leaked . Many Thanks
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
If you got a warning about the Malware, then your computer detected it and unless you ignored the warning you would be safe.
Did you heed the warning and close the email when you got the warning?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pressed keep me safe or some thing like it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then your alright, as long as you did not close the warning and then interacted with the email, you are safe.
I would still run a full scan with your Antivirus software (you should once a month anyway) but your hotmail account has not been effected.
Just delete the emails and you will be ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.