Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am getting an APPCRASH error on Outlook since the last overnight

I am getting an APPCRASH error on Outlook since the last overnight "upgrade" to my home computer which runs W7 Professional 64 bit
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which version of outlook this is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - Outlook 2010
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you close all programs.
Click start, and type in
system restore
press enter
Follow the onscreen steps and perform a restore from the last restore point listed
Let this complete and when it has, let me know if Outlook now functions please.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was another overnight update last night and the problem appears to have gone. Is this a case of Microsoft screwing you up, annoying you and then unscrewing you?!
I will do a system restore if it mucks me about again!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, you have described the world of Microsoft Updates very well!
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. I marked this question to never close so no time limit on this
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.