Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

My hotmail account keeps saying ;Two folders in your mailbox

my hotmail account keeps saying ;Two folders in your mailbox have the same name
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur?Was there any change recently to your email or your computer that may have caused this issue?Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
started about 4 days ago
windows was put on to one of my apple devices
Is it Windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10? Is the issue occuring on your computer? Or on the Apple device? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure as a family member installed it, i only have apple devices
Is it Apple / Mac computer? Or iPad or iPhone, etc.? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
macbook/ iPhone
Is the issue on the macbook and/or iphone?Can you sign in your hotmail email at the website hotmail.com website, then let me know if you see any same name for two folders?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still there
Yes. did you see my previous response on this web page?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hotmail site took me to outlook
That's fine. Hotmail and Outlook are the same. Please sign in your hotmail there if prompted, then then let me know if you see any same name for two folders?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is still there titled microsoft outlook then message
Please answer this question: After signing in your hotmail at the hotmail.com, do you see any same name for two folders there? (Do not check Microsoft Outlook application for now.)Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure what you mean
this is what it says ;Two folders in your mailbox have the same name
Does it say this in the hotmail.com (outlook.com website)? Or in the Microsoft Outlook program? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both
Close Microsoft Outlook application, then at the hotmail.com website, can you right-click (or Ctrl + click) on the folder with the same name and rename it to something else? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried renaming microsoft outlook but it keeps going back
Quit Microsoft Outlook program first, then rename the same folder name at the hotmail.com website, then let me know if it still gives the same error at the hotmail.com website or not. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still the same
Were you able to rename the folder with the same name at hotmail.com website? thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am now confused, i think it best to go remote support ?
Sorry, yes, please accept the remote support offer, then please do the following in order to connect with me remotely:Please click on the website below:http://connect.teamviewer.com/Then download / run the file called TeamViewerQS...Then tell me the ID and password ***** will provide in the TeamViewer program.Do not close the TeamViewer program.Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Please click on the website below to connect remotely with me:http://connect.teamviewer.com/Then download / run the file called TeamViewerQS...Then tell me the ID and password ***** will provide in the TeamViewer program.Do not close the TeamViewer program.Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cannot get on to team viewer program ?
Open the Downloads window or open Finder, then open Downloads folder there, then open the TeamViewer... item there, then let me know the ID and Password ***** the TeamViewer window. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its not working
On the Mac computer, please tell me what happens when you click on the website http://connect.teamviewer.com/, do you see the item TeamViewer... at all? If yes, what happens when you open it? What do you see in the TeamViewer application? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it goest to team viewer website, when i download it gets lost ?
Open Finder, then open Downloads folder, then do you see the item TeamViewer... there? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i found it in there
Great. Open TeamViewer in Downloads folder, then tell me the ID and password ***** it. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is making my mac go weird, will i be able to go to phone support and not be charged again or just pay the difference ?
I do live online support. Can you please just open the TeamViewer item in Downloads folder, then ell me the ID and password ***** it. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mac doesn't like it can i have none support please
What did the Mac say when you open the TeamViewer item in Downloads? What's the full message? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it wants licensing agreement etc, I've been doing this for an hour and spent 30 pounds i just want it sorted
Just agree, and continue, then it will shows the ID and password, then let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
prefer phone help
I'm sorry; with phone support, it's harder for this issue because it requires you to do the troubleshooting steps on the computer. It's a lot easier with remote support because that would allow me to see your computer's screen, then I can troubleshoot the issue for you. Please install the TeamViewer application, then tell me the ID and Password ***** it. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i uninstall microsoft ?
Do you mean uninstall Microsoft Outlook program?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows
I'm not sure what you mean. You have a Mac computer, not a Windows computer. Can you please install the TeamViewer application? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im not happy with this service, its been expensive and time consuming and i have the same problem
I'm sorry, we guarantee our service, so don't worry; I really need you to open the item TeamviewerQS in the Downloads folder in Finder, then tell me the ID and Password ***** the Teamviewer application, then I will fix the issue directly on your computer for you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
id 163 712 077
password ***** chn
I tried a fix via remote support. Please let me know if there is still any issue later. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
seems to be sorted now , thanks
You're welcome. Great. Thank you again.