WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Microsoft Office Specialist
21171802

I spent 5 hours reediting a Word 2010 document - tracking

I spent 5 hours reediting a Word 2010 document - tracking and then approving changes. It then crashed and I can only find the version before I started work on it. I tried all autorecovery, *.asd, *.temp etc fiels and a third party-app (recuva) but none has found any trace of it. Has it gone for good?
Category: Microsoft
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why has the dashboard told me I will have an answer in 8 minutes and that was 30 minutes ago?
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I can answer your question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Wes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
go ahead
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(waves)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WES!!!! Hello!!
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
After crashing, the next time you open Word, it will try to AutoRecover the last file before the crash and show you a side menu on the left side.If you didn't see that menu for Auto Recovery, then it was not able to recover
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
the file on your system.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to say that the file is not recoverable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's what i feared....
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes you do get lucky and it will recover.Unfortunately, it did not this time. Sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's bizarre though- I have autosave. I was doing a lot of track changes and then accepting changes - you would think that somewhere thsi would all be remembered and stored. But not a sign.
I started the document at 11.06 and it vanished at about 16.15 - but the only version around is the 11.06 one..
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
The Autosave feature will sometimes fail, make sure that it is turned on and the directory specified is created.I'm sure you have checked that already (right).
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
On the File menu, click Open, and then click Recent Documents.Scroll to the end of all recent documents, and then click Recover Unsaved Documents.If you find the Word document that you are looking for, double-click it to open it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done all that - many times... I think it's gone
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
Yes. If it's not there, it's gone.I have a habit of saving every 5 minutes (Ctrl+S) every 5 minutes after a problem I had just like this one.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using our service.Please rate my answer below.