Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have requested a new password.You have been sending me

Customer Question

I have requested a new password.
You have been sending me a new code but the email address is wrong. In the
Encryption part of the email you have 5 stars, but it should only be 4.
Correct email address is***@******.***. Can you rectify this please?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you please tell me the email address for the microsoft account that has the issue please?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My download failed, message that safari cannot download tea view. I suggest you credit me.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then there is an issue with your computer as the download works fine.
But can you tell me please the microsoft account you have the issue with.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only requested a new password ***** my Microsoft account on my laptop. The account name is***@******.***.
I need this as my laptop installed updates and I cannot access anything on the system until my password ***** *****
Help. Morag.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so its not a Microsoft account but windows one. Which version of windows are you having the issue on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 8.1
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, you have three options here which I will list out. As this is security, there is no simple solution, but any of these three options will work, it will just depend on how commfortable you feel doing them.
1)Reinstall the computer. This means you reinstall windows but lose all your data on the computer. It is not ideal, but the easiest way to do this. For this option, on the log in screen, hold down the SHIFT button and with it held down, click the power icon and choose restart. Keep SHIFT held until it has restarted into a menu. Choose Troubleshoot, then Reset my PC. This returns the PC to new, so you can set it up again.
2) Take it to a computer store, have them take out the hard drive and copy out your data to another disk. Then the reinstall can be done and you wont lose your data. Programs you have to install again.
3) This is the most complex solution, but it will mean you will not lose your data or programs and can do this yourself
Save this file to your computer
http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/cd140201.zip
After downloading the ZIP file, locate it and double-click on it. Select "Extract All." Extract the files to the same folder the ZIP file is in.
The .ISO file is a CD image file used to create a bootable CD. The file must be burned as a bootable CD - not as a data file - to a CD. If you don't know how to do this, the simplest method is to download the freeware ISO burner at the link below:
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm
Choose the appropriate version for your system (at present, version 3.1 for Windows Vista and Windows 7.) Download the installation file to a convenient folder. After downloading it, right-click on the file and select "Install." Now go back to the .ISO file, right-click on it, and select "Copy image to CD."
After burning the bootable CD, put it in your problem computer and restart the computer. Tap anykey to have the disk load.
Follow the instructions given on the screen to change the password ***** the target account.
This video shows you how to do the instructions I explained
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWnV5SM7iS0
After completing the reset procedure, remove the CD from the drive and restart the system. The password ***** the target account is now set to whatever you chose.
You will have to do one of these three options to get access to the computer again.
If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot access anything on my laptop, and the message I am getting is from Microsoft, asking me to verify my Microsoft account by entering my Microsoft account password. Microsoft have sent me a code but it is to the wrong account name, please send me a code to***@******.***, the email address which Microsoft have used when sending me a code is gl*****@tiscali.co.uk and it doesn't accept it because of the extra digit. Can you see where Microsoft have made the error? Morag.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Due to security reasons it cannot be done Morag, only via the automated tools, and if you entered it in wrong it cannot be changed until you sign in, this you cannot avoid which is Why I gave you the previous instructions to do to reset the computer so to use a different account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid I cannot carry out the above instructions as I cannot take my laptop to a Technician as I am living on an island, and I certainly don't want to dabble in the technicalities of your instructions. Morag.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then you would need to do option 1.
These are the only three options available to you Morag so you will have to choose one of these.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Remote support would be good, but I can't get past the Microsoft message on my screen.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes, then you have to do ONE of the three options I gave, you cannot do anything else for this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Remote access?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You need to do the instructions I gave you first Morag, I keep mentioning this, I know you do not want this to be the case, but its the reality of the situation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The email address is***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What further info do you require?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
None is needed, you just need to do the instructions I have given you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Instructions ask to forward email address, done, and asked to accept remote tech support, done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have waited 10 mins for your reply. I have no more time to spend on this.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Reply to what sorry? I keep telling you you have to do the instructions I gave you a long time ago now. I am not sure what exactly you expect to happen without doing the actual instructions.
I keep repeating this but it appears your not reading the message so I have again repeated it below for you.
you have three options here which I will list out. As this is security, there is no simple solution, but any of these three options will work, it will just depend on how commfortable you feel doing them.
Save this file to your computer
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have managed to access my laptop myself without having to go through any of the above options, therefore I am instructing my bank to cancel payment.