Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Richard I downloaded the Windows 10 program which worked fine at first, but now I ha

Hi Richard
I downloaded the Windows 10 program which worked fine at first, but now I have no internet at all. I have had an expert try to fix it but I cannot get it to work either wirelessly or with the Ethernet cable. I now would like to just get rid of Windows 10 and go back to my windows 7. Can you help please.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To go back to windows 7, please do the following.
open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”
You should see a “Go back to Windows 7” option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install. Microsoft will ask you why you want to go back.
As long as it has not been more then 30 days since you upgraded, this will being you back to the previous version.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that, but unfortunately I have had it for more than a month.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, do you have data on the computer you need to keep?
And whats the make and model of the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I have emails, photos and music. It is a Toshiba Satellite C855.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, lets see if we can get it connected to internet as it is.
When you connect it via a cable, what happens when you try to open a webpage?
And what does it show for connection? Limited connectivity?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The icon spins round and then it says page cannot be opened. The icon on my task bar shows limited connectivity.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Connect it via the cable and do the following please
Press the windows key + X and click on command prompt (admin)
In the black window that opens, type each of the command lines below, one line at a time, and press the Enter key each time:
netsh winsock reset
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh int ip reset netshlog.txt
Then restart the Laptop and check if it now has internet.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Richard. Still no internet. Tried to go into internet but says page can't be displayed, and icons show no internet.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you open the black windows again and type in
ipconfig
press enter
tell me the IP address and default gateway it lists please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IPv4 address is 192.168.0.22
Default gateway is 192.168.0.1
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, and on this working computer do the same and tell me the ID Address and password *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm using my iPad so can you tell me where to look for that.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ah ok, no problem, on the iPadTap on the “Settings” icon and navigate and tap on “Wi-Fi Networks”Find the network name of the router you are currently connected to, and tap on the blue arrow button next to the active networks nameAssuming you are usually a DHCP address, scroll down and find the IP Address in the format of x.x.x.x, for example 192.168.1.2Tell me it please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiIP address says 192.168.0.7
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** is all correct
Whats the make and model of your internet router? Is it s BT Hub?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are with Sky, but it goes through a BT open reach router as we have the faster internet, if that makes sense.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes it does.
On the computer press the windows key + X and click command prompt (admin)
Type
sc config licensemanager type=own
Press enter
Make sure it does not error meaning you typed it correct
Restart the Laptop and tell me if it now connects please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, still no internet. I don't know if this helps but a box keeps coming up when I restart saying not all network drivers could be connected. Not sure what that means or if it is important.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, thats expected.
Do you have another computer there to download a file?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My husband also has the same laptop as me.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you press the windows key + R and type in
%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
Press enter
Defender will then open. click on the Settings button.
Windows 10 Defender Settings buttonThe Settings app will be opened:
Windows 10 Disable Windows Defender
Toggle the "Real-time protection" option to Off.
Then restart and tell me if you now get internet please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A box tells me that it is turned off and isn't monitoring my computer. I have AVG installed so does that make a difference.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, open AVG and disable it as well and tell me if you then get internet please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard. Yes! I now have the Internet. Does this mean I can no longer use AVG and how do I now protect my computer.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, as its causing the issue with your computer, use Avira instead, it is actually better and free and you can get it from my link below
https://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirus
This will protect you without any issues.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much Richard.
It will be 5 stars from me.Once again thank you.