Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I want to set up payment settings on a new Windows 10 computer.

I want to set up payment settings on a new Windows 10 computer. The country region is fixed at US preventing me from completing
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Exactly for which account are you trying to set up payment settings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
MS Winows 10
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but windows itself does not use payment settings.
Where exactly in windows are you referring to?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I prefer to talk it through
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
no problem, but I need you please to be specific in what your trying to register a payment type for please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
manage my microsoft account.... add a payment option...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I enter credit card details and under Billing Country it is fixed at United States. This blocks me from proceeding.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, exactly how are you accessing it though? Via your web browser? In the App Store?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
browser
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, so via your outlook.com account?
Sorry, I need as much detail as possible as Microsoft have payment systems for many different things.
What exactly is it your trying to purchase?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not through Outlook. PC User identity at top left of Windows 10 start screen.....c.hange account settings,,,,manage my MS account.....add a payment option.... enter payment/ credit card details... billing country = USA. -> stuck!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Click on the search ion the bottom left
In the search box, enter region, and then, in the results, tap or click Change your country or region.
Select the country or region for your location from the list.
Set it to UK
Restart the computer and tell me if it now is correct please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done and restarting now. Please know that I previously changed my region and it didn't change the USA in the credit card/ Billing page.
Restarted.... It still shows USA
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
what does it show in the region now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
United States
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, so you change it to UK but it changes back to US after a restart?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I changed it to Ireland. my country/region is Ireland but the credit card/Billing info/payment section still shows United States.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok sorry, it says UK here, but I was asking, you changed the region to your location and restarted and you said it told you united states.
So I need to know, you changed it to Ireland, restarted and it reverted back to united states again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes - the payment info/ credit card billing country remained at United States
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, your misunderstanding my question, Ill try again
1) you change the region to Ireland as per instructions I gave you
Click on the search ion the bottom left
Set it to Ireland
2) Restart the computer
3) Go back to Region, is it STILL set to Ireland? Or it is United States again?
Not the website, the region settings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We each misunderstand each other. I have changed the country to Ireland. It shows Ireland in the control panel, However, it remains at United States in the credit card billing section
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, thats what I needed to know, that the region remains as ireland
When you go to www.google.com in your browser, which google do you see? Still .com or google.ie?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
google.ie
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, so it is all correct via the browser
Click this link and sign in
https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub/Help
Tell me when you have signed in please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
signed in now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, now Tap or click Payment options > Add payment option, and then select the type of payment option that you want to add.
Add information to any required fields, and then click Next.
Then does it allow you to choose Ireland or have Ireland already selected?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the nub of the problem. The United States is fixed and I cannot enter my billing country/region which is Ireland.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes I understand the issue your having, but I wanted it done the procedure I just gave. You did it exactly as I listed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Still fixed at US
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, ill connect to your computer at no extra charge as it will be easier for you to have me see whats going on.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard,
I do not wish to avail of that option.Thanks.
Bernard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok..
Do you have another computer or smartphone / tablet available there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, do the instructions I gave on that device and tell me if you still have the same issue please.
You can update the payment details from any device, so try on your other device and let me know the results please,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The billing info here differs in that there is first a box with options as to business account types. The billing country listed is Country/Region Azerbaijan and I cannot change it.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, this is very strange as its now just choosing the first one in the list (A), I think its best you have the billing information done via the phone
To do this call 1850 940 940
And have the billing done to your account this way.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, will do but it will be tomorrow as I must go somewhere now. Please leave me an email address and I'll get back to you tomorrow.Thanks, Bernard
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Bernard
We are not allowed to exchange email addresses due to the sites policy, but I marked this question to never close, so any issues just let me know here via this website like your doing now.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service before leaving by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues