Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have two boxes in front of me - A Hewlett Packard loaded

Customer Question

I have two boxes in front of me - A Hewlett Packard loaded with Vista and a Dell Loaded with Windows 7 Home edition. I see that Windows 10 does not allow a guest account, so to avoid divorce. I need to upgrade the Vista to Windows 10.. do I need to purchase Windows 10 for this upgrade?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The issue is you cannot upgrade from Vista to windows 10, you first need to upgrade Vista to windows 7 then from windows 7 you get a free upgrade to windows 10.
It is best to get a used copy of the windows 7 upgrade which you can get here
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B002DGS82G/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all
Then once Windows 7 is installed, you can freely upgrade it to windows 10.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I note that no one bothered to address my question about Windows 10 not allowing a guest account, however I reckon you are right as we would like Windows 10 on both systems-so how much will Windows 10 cost from you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I meant Windows 7...!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I did not see you ask this and missed it as it appeared as a statement as it is true what you stated, it does not allow for this. It did this to be as more secure system.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The cost which is on the link I gave is £120.00
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks ,but no thanks. I have just wasted £28 and you want me to waste a bit more cash. Have a nice day
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I do not want you to waste any cash... I am just answering the questions your asking me. It seems I upset you in some way and if so, that is not my intention, I am only answering what you are asking me...