Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Office Software Specilaist
Experience:  I am a self-employed computer specialist more than 10 years experience working with Microsoft Office computer software.
76287196

Richard. I have a problem with my laptop Microsoft 7 I was

Hi Richard. I have a problem with my laptop Microsoft 7 I was just browsing to see where I could get help. I have tried Microsoft direct office hours only. I have an error in Windows update 80080100 so sorry making mistakes, have never done this before and a bit nervous using websites. Can you help. The problem started yesterday and today. Thank you Jeannette.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you with your problem. The problem may be with the quality of the network connection. Please restart your router and your computer. You can resume this session after you come back online, by asking for J. Kalman or by using the link in your email notification.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Joel, Can I call you? After I have restarted my router and restarted my laptop.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joel I have done what you asked sorry its taken some time to get back to you.
No problem with the time. Can you get the Windows update to download and install now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Joel I can't afford the price. I don't mind ringing you from my landline or mobile as I get free calls. I'll try to update again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has failed again.
I understand about the price. Your question already has a high cost value, and you cannot pay the additional value that the system offered for a live phone call. I can offer you a live phone call for $5as an additional service. That is the minimum charge. However, I do not have a solution for your problem yet.
Does the update fail to download or fail to install?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It downloads but does not install. tells me to try again.
Is it a mandatory update or an optional one? Have you been offered a Windows 10 upgrade?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is both mandatory & optional and auto updates. Yes I keep seeing the offers to upgrade to Windows 10 but I want to stay
with windows 7. My laptop is just 3 years old.
Try downloading and running this Windows 7 Update Troubleshooter:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/open-the-windows-update-troubleshooterIf your operating system is not Windows Home Premium, you can put Windows 7 Update Troubleshooter in your Google search box.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi It is Windows Home Premium 64-but Service pack 1. HP Pavilion g6 series.I have used the Update troubleshooter several times
I have got a copy of the report with 7 failures on it each time.
Does it give any recommendations to resolve the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it gave lots of different places for me to visit for help etc, but all very complicated. I have bought a Windows 7 book and have been reading what to do with problems on Automatic Update, which also says about restoring system from an earlier state. I am afraid that it is all too technical for me to have a go at.Joel I feel guilty at keeping you for so long and it is now 12.41am here, I'm wondering if we should call it day. What do you think?
Yes. The technical issues that Microsoft gives in their documentation for each update are way more complicated for anyone but system developers to deal with. It is not necessary to get into any of that. The problem is not with the updates themselves anyway. It is with your operating system. But I do not know what to do about it. Let's call it a day, and if I come up with anything, I will get back online to you with it. Otherwise, I will Opt Out and give other experts a chance to solve it. Thanks fo your patience, and have a good night.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just a thought, I have still got my Microsoft Office Home which I originally bought with laptop. Should I un-install it and
re-install Office Home and student 2010?
Thank you very much and have a good night too.Jeannette.
No, your Office Home and Student 2010 is not an issue. TTYL. Joel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you, ***** ***** what does TTYL stand for?
Jeannette
Oh, sorry. Talk to you later.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good night and many thanks again.
You are quite welcome. And thank you for using Just Answer.
Happy Thanksgiving, Jeanette. I found some troubleshooting information on windows updates. We can try some of them together when we are both online, but here is one that you can try first. It is to clear your cache and delete your cookies in your internet browser. It is pretty easy, and it could make a difference. In your internet browser, go to Tools - Internet Options and click on the Delete Browser History button. Then make sure that all the boxes are checked and click Delete. Then try again to install, or download and install, your Windows Updates. Please let me know what happens, and I look forward to joining you online.
The internet browser to which I am referring is Internet Explorer.
Joel Kalman, Office Software Specilaist
Experience: I am a self-employed computer specialist more than 10 years experience working with Microsoft Office computer software.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joel good evening to you are you on line? I have a question for you are you in the UK or America?
I'm wondering about time zone.Thank you for your messages. I do have some good news for you!!
Jeannette
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joel can you send me an email t let me know when you are on line again.Look forward to joining you on line.
Jeannette.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joel thank you for contacting me.
Jeannette
Hi Jeannette,I am online now. I am in the US, where 23 are ceelebrating a long Thanksgiving weekend. How are you doing? Do 6ou have some good news for me?Joel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joel wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving weekend sounds like you are having a good time.When we last talked on the 25th instead of going to bed I had another go and went through everything in Internet Explorer
following all instructions in System Maintenance, Performance, & Windows update, it then checked all issues detected,
and fixed all. It showed error reports. Windows update showed everything was fixed. I had already cleared my history & cache, in both Internet Explorer & Google Chrome. All green circles with a tick. I felt great at achieving this but tired
eventually went to bed at 4am. I'm still having a few problems which I didn't have before with Internet Explorer & Google Chrome?Warmest Regards ***** ***** you for coming back to me.
Jeannette.
Hi Jeannette,I am glad for you if you solved your Windows Update problems. What problems are you having now, and what can I help your with today?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed instructions on Changing security & Privacy settings for Internet Explorer 11- Tracking Protection,Deleting and managing Cookies,viewing and deleting your browsing history & cache. Putting Internet Explorer to the start up and taskbar.
Last night Google chrome crashed my laptop. So I'm thinking in doing all what I have done, something is not quite right.
I have always used google as my browser until BT said I should use Internet Explorer.Thank you again.Warm Regards
Jeannette
Everything you have done is okay. Sometimes an operating system will crash, but if you can repeat what you were doing without having it crash again I would just ignore it. Have you been able to use Google Chrome since it crashed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am using Google I reset the settings. I'll carry on and see if settles.I thank you for all your help.
Warm Regards
Jeannette.
You are welcome Jeannette.