Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

When I run a scan with my Avast anti-virus software it tells

When I run a scan with my Avast anti-virus software it tells me that a file cannot be scanned viz:- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\StateRepository-Machine.srd-shm
Is this malware?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have 8, or 8.1 or 10, etc.?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
AppRepository is for storing default built-in Windows apps. That is normal that Avast cannot access it as it is stored and protected by Windows for not making any change to it. Don't worry about it.Also, you can download and install the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware at the website below and scan your computer; it's good to use this anti-malware program along with your anti-virus program:https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/thankyou/Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I run Windows 10 and have already installed Malwarebytes
Thank you. It is fine as AppRepository is where Windows stores default apps; no other programs (or malware) can be installed in it. Do you have any further question? And/or any other computer issue? If yes, I can connect remotely to your computer and check. Thank you.