Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am trying to access my inbox windows live mail. I have changed

I am trying to access my inbox windows live mail. I have changed passwords, had a code sent by landline, and followed all instructions. Microsoft then send e-mail to finish process, but I cannot log on to complete task Please help!
Category: Microsoft
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The email will have been sent to the recovery email address, not the email account with the issue.
Have you checked in this account for it?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do you nominate a recovery e mail address?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you did this when you created the account, you cannot set one now, else you could just bypass the security.Do you recall it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no. account was all set up when my system was upgraded several years ago by company which is no longer in business
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Whats your email address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
this is the email account with the password ***** correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, do you know this email address?
john.sant****@***gin.net
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes this is an old account which I was informed would become redundant thro lack of use
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you will have to call as this cannot be done online due to security reasons and you have no access to the account.
Call 0800 443 311
And once verified this can be resolved ALSO make sure to have the recovery address changed to something you now have access to.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks The problem seems to have occurred when the business was transferred to my wife's sons and they (bt) altered the e-mail address without making them aware!! BT are asking for £5 a month to keep old e-mail going!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can always use a free service such as www.hotmail.com
As BT charges
But good its all fixed now!
If you need anything else, please let me know and please remember the service rating.