Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proficient in all programs within office pro suite.
63493917

I have just found out that someone has been using the

Hi ..I have just found out that someone has been using the debit card which is registered on my sons account. He plays on the FIFA 16 and uses the card occasionally to buy the FIFA points maybe once or twice a month but someone has gained control of his FIFA game and obviously has managed to do these transactions.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.Being a victim of Identity fraud myself, and then spending MONTHS to clean up AFTER the damage, I can tell you first hand that you almost NEVER see it coming..So the answer to your question.....SHOULD the problem been noticed........the answer is a simple no..How do you stop something that hasn't happened? How do you KNOW your information is compromised BEFORE SOMETHING happens? And i dont think there is ANYWAY of knowing..However, some companys DO warn the public when their servers get compromised, and private information could have been stolen. But thats about it..Its up to YOU...the consumer to keep your information private. However, some credit card companies allow for FRAUD investigations, but ONLY if you report it in a timely manner. There are also companies who will PROTECT your private information for a FEE. For example www.LIFELOCK.com.Now i realize it is VERY difficult to manage all that personal DATA, especially when you transmit it over the internet to make purchases. But the goal is to FIND OUT WHERE the data BREACH occurred, so as to keep it from happening AGAIN, and to STOP it from happening if it is still ongoing..There are MANY possibilities as to HOW the credit card data could have been attained, here are just a few.1- compromised website2- card was physically photographed on both sides, capturing all the numbers and data.3- card was swiped at a compromised merchant teller..Your only recourse at this point, is to CANCEL the card, and report the charges as FRAUD, to the credit/debit card company..Did you have any other questions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand the points you are making and no's 2 and 3 are not in the equation.
The problem has occurred at a point where the information has been stolen by someone physically
who was a so called 'friend' and they have then used that information.
I think that when a person signs on to the xbox or other systems the fact that a credit card no has to be registered is a dangerous point. If a person wants to buy something why can they not enter details for that transaction as and when required
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already contacted the bank and stopped the card from being used and I spoke to a member of their fraud section and was advised to contact yourselves first
I understand your concerns, and what most people do (including me, i LOVE xbox) to keep from having charges pile up, is to USE a PRE-PAID credit card. You can get them at walmart, and then you only put like say $50 on it. SO the most you could EVER be out is that amount, or even lower, as low as $5, on a pre-paid..And if the card gets stolen....all they gonna get is the $5. And then each month, you can ADD money to it from your NORMAL credit card, or with cash at the store.
WAIT.....WHO told you to contact US?.We are just a Question and ANSWER website.......thats all...This website that you are on, JUSTANSWER.com is a collection of EXPERTS from lawyers to computer technicians, and we ANSWER any and ALL questions for a fee..So far i have answered your question, and i hope you will take a moment to RATE my performance, by selecting 5 stars.
Did you have any other questions about this topic?
Experience: Proficient in all programs within office pro suite.