KamilAnwar1
KamilAnwar1, Office Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Believe my email has been hacked. Had an email from Microsoft

Believe my email has been hacked. Had an email from Microsoft account team but can't seem to do anything
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 1 year ago.
Can you copy/paste the exact message you've received from Microsoft? OR May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot this directly? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on iPad can you remotely access that
No, cannot access iPad remotely. What was the message received and where?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had an email send to the account I gave you, saying my account may have been hacked. But I don't know what to do. If I log on to my computer will I need to pay you again or can this be transferred
This can be transferred. BUT i think we can resolve it here, did the message ask you to click on a link to change your password ***** did you sign in from any new device?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I was not asked to click on a link to change my password. Did try and set up a new gmail account to get info but that didn't seem to work
Did you try to login to the Microsoft account from any new device, or a new location?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did try and log on from laptop it asks me to verify password. When I try this (on that at moment on laptop) it says how do you want to receive your security code. An old Gmailaccount, which I can't find or
I can't verify my account
Okay. The reason why you've got that message is because you signed in from a laptop that has it's IP changed or is a new location then the usual sign in location. Since you do not have access to the old email to receive the code to verify it, you will need to choose "I can't verify my account" and then submit the form to reset the password. Once you do that, it will update your data with new details. This will take 24-48 hours to do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I clicked on
Can't verify my account and it asks me to fill in a questionnaire. Is this what you mean?
That's right.You will need to fill this questionaire.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just looked and I did try this
For some reason it does not accept when I type in the 'enter the characters you see'
You're typing a character incorrectly. Do you want me to connect to your computer to get you to the questionnaire?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AND it asks for an email different to the one I am trying to recover
But am I trying to recover
I only have one accessible emai
The different email address is the one it will use to send the reset information for the one you're resetting.
You will need to create one, you can create a temporary one on gmail.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did set up a new gmail address but how do I access that
By going to www.gmail.com and signing in with the ID and Password ***** created.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says it has sent a code to the gmail address
How do I find that email
From your computer, login to www.gmail.com and you will see the email sent from Microsoft. Open it, and it will have the code. You need to type the code on the Microsoft Screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have found the code, thank you, ***** ***** in to recover your Microsoft account. Should that be straightforward
That's correct. From this point, it will be easy. After you've recovered it - You're okay. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking the star icon, that will be greatly appreciated.
KamilAnwar1, Office Specialist
Experience: 8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.