Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am unable to get MS updates installed since October. Error

I am unable to get MS updates installed since October. Error code 80070422. How do I resolve this. I'm getting nowhere!
Jeff B
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the version of windows you are using please Jeff?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows10
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Press the windows key + R and type in services.msc and press enter
Click the Name column heading to sort the names in reverse order. Find the Windows Update service, right-click it, and then click Properties.
On the General tab, next to Startup type, make sure that Automatic is selected.
Next to Service status, check to see if the service is started. If it is not, click Start. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password ***** confirmation, type the password ***** provide confirmation.
Once started tell me if the update now installs.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No update have got 2 new extra codes 80244019 or 8DDD0D18
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
when exactly do you get these codes? On startup of the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I check for updates they were also at the top of the files list when I changed the rpoperties
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
which anti virus software do you have installed?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Inconvenient at thr mom . As the man in the film said I will return. thanks anyhow.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I have marked the question to never close, so you can return at anytime, that is no problem
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service before leaving by clicking one of the smiley faces then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues