Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

I have just got a Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE and I have 2 BT email

I have just got a Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE and I have 2 BT email addresses to link up to it. How on earth do I do it? Have tried but error messages
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi, Are you trying to add the BT emails to the phone so you can check them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Please follow these steps.. On Start, swipe from left to right to access the App list and tap SettingsTap Email + accountsTap Add an accountTap Other accountTap the 'Email address' box, then type your BT email addressTap the 'Password' box, then type your BT email address password.Tap Sign in
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
previously had nokia Lumia and it was a problem then too. I have 2 BT business email addresses and need access to them 24/7. now showing error code 80072746
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
requesting incoming email server
Incoming Mail Server: mail.btinternet.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
nope. I have put in outgoing as smtp.office365.com - taken from previous phone
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.btinternet.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
unfortunately, that did not work. it is now synced using outlook.office365.com as incoming server
It sounds like your BT email address is linked through Office365 which I was not aware of. Is the email account working properly now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is. as you see above, I said I used office365 smpt
Is the email account working properly now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes it is
Awesome. If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok. thanks. the help you gave, was telling me to go to 'other', the rest I finally sorted out myself. Cheers