Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

I have an outlook problem that I would like ***** ***** to

Customer Question

I have an outlook problem that I would like ***** ***** to answer. Philip
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello Phillip,
Let's get started.
Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.
Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com
After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 92 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason a message window has popped up can you have a look?
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another message box has appeared!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason its Philip again. Screen froze are you able to unfreeze without rebooting and stating again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess you went for lunch. Don't blame you! I need to go to bed as I have an early start in the morning and away all day on business. I will switch off PC and reboot and avoid outlook tomorrow and then can we resume on Thursday? What time do you start? Philip
We can continue on Thursday. I work from 8am to 8pm-ish (PST) on Thursday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Jason its Philip again. Can we continue our session? You may recall that my Outlook data file was large (25GB) and so you were trying to create a backup file. I'm not sure what your objective was but it would suit me to have an archive file into which I can transfer outlook files that I no longer need but may wish to access occasionally and which is not part of the same Outlook data pst. Unfortunately the transferring process froze which is a symptom of what Outlook has been doing. You think it is corrupted. Since then I was asked to activate Office365 which proceeded to install. All other office files working fine as has Outlook except it freezes from time to time and takes a long time to open up. You may also recall you un installed AVG and installed Immunet. The pc is a little faster as a result. There is no icon for Immunet for me to access to see what is going on. Is that usual? let me know when you are ready. Philip
Hello Philip,
I do recall this issue. It is okay that there is no Immunet icon as long as it is still installed. Are you ready for the remote to begin now?
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes OK
After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 28 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason It's Philip on my lap top. Is anything happening or do I reboot? Philip
Please, do not reboot. I am still connected.
It looks like it has froze. Please, reboot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
It has froze again. You will need to reboot.
Please, let me know when you are ready to continue. We may have to reschedule a little. The ISP that provides my business Internet has gone down for me as well as a few other blocks in my area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does that mean you no longer have remote? I'll let you know on the website when back up is complete. I'll be around late tomorrow 9.00pm GMT. Philip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A warning has now come up saying" cannot move or copy folders. A top level folder
cannot be copied to one of its sub folders. Or you may not have appropriate permission for the folder. To check your permission for the folder right click the folder and then click properties" Philip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should have said that I'm Ok for another hour should younger upland running shortly. I'll have the lap top with me. Philip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
"younger upland"? Should read "you be up and running" - Sorry!
Tomorrow at 9PM (GMT) works for me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason - hope you are back up and running at your end and lets hope things can be sorted here now - third time lucky! I explained above the error message that appeared at the end of the copy process. I haven't checked to see whether the copy process has worked as I'm not sure where to look. When the screen freezes after a while a blue screen appears with the following error message "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (srv.sys) then black screen with reboot message. The other observation is that when opening outlook the time it is most vulnerable is when it says "preparing to send and receive". If it is left without any actions after five minutes it then moves on to send and receive and the launch process is complete. If there is any action at that point that is when it freezes. Outlook is open now and working OK. I'm ready when you are. Philip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason - what happened was there a misunderstanding? I'm next free at 8.00pm tomorrow Saturday GMT (12.00noon PST). Are you working then? Philip
Hello Philip, thank you for the update. I will be here at 12pm (PST). When you are ready to continue, post a message here. Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason sorry I'm late but at my PC now. Philip
Greetings,
After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 78 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason. We've been frozen for the past half hour now and I need to go bed! Shall we reconvene perhaps on Monday evening?
Yes, that will work. Thank you. I will see you then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help. This is turning out to be a marathon!
You are very welcome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shall I leave it on in case it unfreeze?
Yes, please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK See you on Monday
I will see you then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason. I had forgotten that i was at a funeral today and only just got back. Can we resume tomorrow? In the meantime I will continue clearing out unwanted files and attachments. Also I am happy to carry on the work you were doing moving files from Correspondence (2) to Correspondence 2. When we tried to move the big file which was PLK Properties on Saturday it froze again so I will move sub files file by file. If you say it is not as straight forward as that I'll hook up with you tomorrow evening if you are working. Regards Philip
Hello Philip,
I am sorry to hear about your recent loss. Yes, we can continue tomorrow. Please, post a message here when you are ready to continue.
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason Thank you for your sympathies. I have spent the last hour saving and then removing attachments from one of the folders that was particularly large. I can carry on doing this but it will take time. do you want to continue for a while and see how things are? I have found one corrupted email with attachments that have frozen the PC twice. You may want to look at it. ready when you are. Philip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason sorry you weren't able to make last night. I am now await on business until Sunday. I'll contact you on Monday. Regards
Philip
Greetings Philip,
I will be available on Monday. I will be here standing by.
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason - Sorry I didn't contact you last night. In my spare time I have been removing or saving as many attachments as I can and then moving folders into Correspondence 2 (the new pst. file you created for me). This takes time as i have to reboot regularly and it takes about ten mins for Outlook to launch. I am about 80% completed so when I have finished this, poss Wednesday, I will contact you again for the next stage. Regards Philip
Hello Philip,
I will be standing by.
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Jason - transfer of folders to Correspondence 2 is now complete with most attachments saved to the PC. There are some issues! - I have cleared files out of deleted items although there are two with large attachments that freeze the PC when I try to do this. Secondly I have not cleared out "sent" items although I have sifted these so would not loose sleep if now deleted is this required? Thirdly Outlook becoming increasingly more difficult to load up taking several attempts and about an hour last time. It is currently open.Is the next task to remove all pst files other than correspondence 2? Ready when you are! Philip
Hello Philip,May I remote in once more and take a look at the current status of this issue?- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes of course - unfortunately Outlook froze after I contacted you as i went onto the web site by clicking on your last email! This action froze outlook. Outlook closed now and I will wait for you to open it. Philip
After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 60 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason one of the files deleted but we are left with correspondence (2) and Outlook looks like it has relaunched but frozen whilst reopening. Philip
I will remote back in now.
I look forward to your rating of my help on the top of this page. If you have any questions about rating me, please let me know.
Thank you for your time and please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason - Happy new year although not so happy for me!! Outlook has been working fine until 11.00am this morning GMT. Now have the same or similar issue with it crashing and not able to open any emails. Work busy can you help? Regards Philip
Hello Philip,
I see that the problem has come back after a couple or so weeks. I can most definitely help. You can open a new ticket and request me at the following page: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/expert-computertechmaster
I will be standing by.
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jason I have made the payment but the web site has blocked it because the question has been marked as duplicate. Any thoughts? Philip
Hello Philip,I am sorry to hear that.Please, try again. This time, type out the question to be a little different so that it is not seen as a duplicate. Also, do not forget to preface the question with, "For ***** ***** Only.".Thank you,Jason