Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

There we run two computers in the same office both receive

Customer Question

Hi there we run two computers in the same office both receive the same emails, over the past week one of the computers email has stopped working correctly when we receive an email we try to open the message and a box appears on the screen which says attachment and we have to open the attachment to allow the message to be read, on the other computer when we open the email we can read the message perfectly which is how both computers were working. If we close down and restart the machine with the problem it works for a short time but then the fault will start again.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
first, can you tell me please which email program you are using on the two computers?
And what has already been attempted to solve the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard the computer in question runs WindowsProfessional 7 and the other machine also runs Windows Professional 7
W
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, thats the windows version but I need to know please which email program you are using on the two computers?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry we use windows live mail on both computers, our IT technician has attempted to repair but failed he removed program and reinstalled and tried the fix it help from live mail, the machine I am on now is not the machine in question but it is on the next desk to me I would like the remote technical help as we are not very good with technology
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, accept the request I made and I can connect to the other computer.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go (ON THE PROBLEM COMPUTER) to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Teamviewer id:###-##-####password: 3347
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Good work, thanks, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help how do I contact you if the problem persists.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome
just reply here please if the problem returns, the message will then come directly to me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Richard we still have the same problem shall I log in to teamviewer again
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks and give me the ID and Password *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
id:###-##-####Password: 3051
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
teamviewer has disconnected I will take a photo and send when this happens again.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.