Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

How can i down load MS office on my mac _ i have tried the

Customer Question

how can i down load MS office on my mac _ i have tried the normal route and all I get is this is not supported on OS
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me which version of Mac OS are you using? Is it El Capitan?What version of Office are you tying to install?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i find out its a brand new mac, the version of office is home and student 2016
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. Can you please tell me what installation media are you using? Are you installing MS Office from a DVD? Or from a downloaded installer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
downloaded installer- i have a product key only
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. Can you please tell me the file extension of your installer file? Is it DMG? or EXE? (A file extension is a 3- or 4-character code that identifies the file. For instance, a Microsoft Word document has a .DOC or .DOCX extension)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DB_.exe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for writing back with that information. Yes, I am still here.EXE files are for Windows only. You need to download the Mac version of the installer.Can you please tell me where did you download the installation file?Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I purchased it form a store - i think it might be the wrong version
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi,If you bought it from a local store, then the said installation media is for a Windows computer. If you can check the disc case, the supported system could be shown there.The main reason why the installation is not happening using that installer is because it is NOT for your Mac, it is an EXE file so it is for a Windows computer.You need to bring it back to the store and ask if they can replace it with the Mac version so that it will install in your Mac.I hope that helped. Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess