Randy SmartphoneTech
Randy SmartphoneTech, Technician
Experience:  Smartphone technician.
62741268

My husband changed his phone he installed one note on his new

Customer Question

My husband changed his phone he installed one note on his new phone and when he deleted the files from his old phone they have now disappeared from his new phone he desperately needs to recover the deleted files. how does he do that?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Randy SmartphoneTech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.He should be able to sin in to onenote on the new phone and restore the content.These are the steps that he would have had to follow before deleting the old onenote. on the start screen, swipe left, tap Settings > email+‎accounts >add an account, and create a Microsoft account following the instructions shown on the screen.To select what you want to back up to your Microsoft account, on your previous Nokia Lumia, on the start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings > backup.Your contacts and calendar are backed up automatically to your Microsoft account.On your new Nokia Lumia, sign in to your Microsoft account, and your contacts, calendar, and text messages are automatically transferred to your new Nokia Lumia.Transfer office documentsOn your previous Nokia Lumia, tap Office > SkyDrive to make sure you have saved your Office documents to SkyDrive. To access your documents, on your new Nokia Lumia, tap Office > SkyDrive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you may have mis understood, the new phone is not a nokia lumia it is a Samsung neo, but I set up one note on that phone and the notes were there, but when my husband deleted the notes from the old phone they disappeared from his new one, he did not back up onto sky drive as he did not know he had to, so as Microsoft hold his email address and everything on their server, will these not be held somewhere else in a deleted file so that we can retrieve them, it is imperative he gets these back as it is all his work for the last month?
Try going to (File menu) and look to the right. There's a button labeled "Open Backups
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but there isn't that option. I have attached a photo of the only things we can see. I need to know if Microsoft hold the data/files on their server. They hold my email address so therefore I would have thought they could access the deleted files.
okay, try signing in to microsoft on your computer. Then Click File > Info > Open Backups.In the Open Backup dialog box, double-click the folder of the notebook you want to restore, select the notebook section you want, and then click Open.OneNote now displays the Open Sections area, where you can review the pages in the section you just opened from your backup files.To restore notes, do either of the following:To restore the entire backed-up section, right-click its section tab and then click Move or Copy.To restore only specific pages from the backed-up section, right-click the page tabs you want and then click Move or Copy.In the Move or Copy dialog box, select where the backed-up section or pages should be placed, and then click Copy.When your notes have been restored, right-click the backed-up section and click Close.Re-select your original notebook from the Notebooks list to continue working in it. You can sync to the phone from there.