jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

Since I installed windows 10 I can neither upload photos from

Customer Question

since I installed windows 10 I can neither upload photos from camera card nor scan from printer I can print from computer
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is***** Windows 10 is a new Windows version, not all programs are yet supported. Let me know the name of the program you use for uploading the photos from the camera and for scanning from the printer. I will check if a newer version of the program or a replacement is available. Thanks,IT Miro
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
scanning I am trying to install the set up cd-rom for my pixma mp150 but nothing seems to happen. I am only inserting my camera card in slot I always used
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Your camera SD card, or any other memory card should be detected as usual when connected to the computer. Is there a sound or visual notification upon inserting it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it says connect the device you want to import from and make sure its turned on and unlocked
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
I see. Does the same issue happen when you connect the camera and the computer with a USB cable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have a cable to connect camera to computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK. When you insert the SD card, does the message you mentioned here pop-up by itself, or you need to click on a program first?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
pops up by itself
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK. Please click on the Windows Explorer icon and then click on "This PC". You should see all disk drivers. On that window, check if you can see your SD card reader. If you do see it, right-click it and select Open. Let me know if that worked.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've done that and I can view photos but when I try to upload them back comes the same message "connect the device ect
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
If you can access the photos, please check if you can drag-and-drop new photos to the same window. That should successfully upload them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I [email protected] understand what you mean by drag and drop photos in same window
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Do you want to copy the photos from the camera to the computer, or the other way around?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
from camera to computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for confirming! I've checked the error message you mentioned and other people reported the same thing happening right after upgrading to Windows 10. I can check the issue myself and help you find a way to copy the photos, using remote desktop assistance. Let me if you would like that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please do
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Please click on the link below to download a remote desktop assistance program so that I can remotely connect to your computer: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ed7e729e-b14e-48ab-979d-6840ab7d3beaWhen a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Does the link work for you?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
It seems you went offline. The remote link has expired. Let me know when you come back online so that I can send you a new link.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello again!
Do you still require assistance with this issue?
Let me know,
IT Miro
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.