jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I frequently do a lot of academic proofreading and use the

Customer Question

I frequently do a lot of academic proofreading and use the Track Changes option. I have Microsoft Word 2013. Normally, I have set my Track Changes advanced options to, for example, strikethrough deleted words or sentences. Recently, though, the options don't seem to hold. When I delete a word, it simply deletes it, but puts a comment in the comment balloon. However, it is important that the writer of the original document sees the word with a strikethrough so he or she can clearly see the change. Also, I should mention, I have had to switch these documents to the "compatibility mode" and I wonder if that is the problem.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Is this happening in a particular document only? or in ALL documents?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess