Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Office Software Specilaist
Experience:  I am a self-employed computer specialist more than 10 years experience working with Microsoft Office computer software.
76287196

I have microsoft office 2007. Using WORD I want to send out

I have microsoft office 2007. Using WORD I want to send out a mail merge but I can`t make it work. I have upgraded to windows 10.
The mail merge tells me to go to default programmes and add a mail merge programme but I do not know how to do that.
Help please.
Brian Scrafton
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. May name is ***** ***** I can help you with your problem. I know a lot about Microsoft Word and the Mail Merge utility that is included in it. I have a Microsoft Office 2013 subscription and Windows 10 operating system. What happens when you start by opening Word and going to the Mailings menu, then selecting Start Mail Merge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi JoelK, Thanks for your help. The system works perfectly well until I press the button to send the Emails. I then get a message which says that I do not have an Email programme to do this and that I need to go to Default Programmes. I found "Default Programmes" but hadn`t a clue what to do next.
Brian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To add a little more detail. O follow the mail merge wizard. The list I normally use is on an Excel spreadsheet. This brings up my contacts and I can use the system to adress the contacts "Dear *****" etc. Everything seems fine (just like it used to be on my old computer using Vista. Press Send and the messages will not go.
Brian
You need to use the email client program installed on your desktop. Do you have your email account setup on Microsoft Outlook?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joel,
Yes although I`m not proficient in using it.
However I now have an account ***@******.*** and I checked that it worked by sending an email to my talktalk address.
Brian
Hi Brian,You are probably accessing outlook.com on the web. But I am talking about using the Microsoft Outlook desktop application, which downloads your email accounts from the web to your desktop. You need to set up the email account in Microsoft Outlook that you are using for Mail Merge in Microsoft Word. I can help you with that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joel,
As you can gather I`m an amateur.can get my emails through outlook and I have a password ***** that. I decided that it was too complicated for me so I have been using webmail.
Where do I go next?
Brian
I
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Joel
The outlook account is accessed from Desktop by pressing the blue button. As yet the only activity is the email I sent to my talktalk account..
Brian
Brian -It sounds like you have your outlook.com email account setup in your Outlook desktop client. However, if you are using your talktalk email for your mail merge, that is the account that needs to be set up in your Outlook desktop client. I can show you how to so that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes PLease
Certainly. What is your talktalk email address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
Okay, thank you. Open Outlook and go to Tools - Account Settings and select the Email tab.Tick the box labelled Manually configure server settings or additional server types at the bottom of the Auto Account Setup screen and click Next. Select Internet E-mail and click Next. Select IMAP from the Account Type drop-down list. Enter your TalkTalk email address into the User Name box and enter your password ***** the Password ***** Then click Next. Enter mail.talktalk.net into the Incoming mail server box. Enter smtp.talktalk.net into the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box. Click Finish.Outlook 2007 is now set up to send and receive your TalkTalk emails. You can click on the following link for an illustrated guide: http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/guided-assist/how-do-i-set-my-emailNow you can try your mail merge again. It should work for you now. The error message that you were getting was cryptic, but I am sure that the remedy that I have given you is the one to which it was referring. If you are still having problems, or if you have any questions, please let me know. IF I HAVE SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, I WOULD APPRECIATE A GOOD OR AN EXCELLENT RATING. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Joel,
When I open the desktop button for "Mail" I get my emails and info to add accounts etc. but no "Tools" button.
Is this because I`m now using Windows 10 or am I missing another trick.
Brian
Hi Brian,I do not know how you got a button on your desktop for mail. Apparently, that is the Windows store app, which is a psrt of Windows 10 I have it on my Start menu, but I cannot get it on my desktop. Be that as it may, that is NOT the application that I am talking about. The Microsoft Outlook application is a part of Microsoft Office, not Windows. You stated in your original question that you had Microsoft Office 2007. Outlook should be included in that, along with Word and Excel.
The Mail app that you are using is part of Windows, not part of Office. The button for Mail is on your taskbar, which is not really considered part of your desktop. You can search for Outlook 2007 by selecting the start button and typing Outlook in the search box. You can pin it to your taskbar or to the start menu by right (opposite) clicking on it. If you are still having problems, or if you have any questions, please let me know. IF I HAVE SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, I WOULD APPRECIATE A GOOD OR AN EXCELLENT RATING. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING.