michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

I have a Cannon MP240 printer which is also a scanner, before

I have a Cannon MP240 printer which is also a scanner, before converting to Windows 10 I could use the printer as a scanner by right clicking the printer icon and selecting scan etc, now I am unable to do this, is there a reason why and does this mean I will have to revert to Windows 7?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you
unfortunately the canon MP 240 series is not compatible with windows 10 systemCanon has not yet release windows 10 compatible drivers software for the printer for either the 32 or 64 bit versions
as per Canon " This product is not compatible with the operating system windows 10 and no drivers will be made available"so this printer might just do basic printing on windows 10 from basic programs onlyIn such case you can use this printer with a computer that has an older version of windowsfor this computer you will have to get another printer compatible with windows 10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you provide an answer to my question?
This printer is not compatible with windows 10 and will only be bale to perform basic printing. The scanning feature will not work on windows 10. I am sorry to be the bearer of the news but unfortunately this ia limitation from Canon itself.you can either revert back to previous version of windows or use this printer on another computer with older version of windows
I am sorry to be the bearer of the news but unfortunately this ia limitation from Canon itself.Let me know if you have any more questions
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further