IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

How do I switch my MS Outlook from Off line to On line. Appreciate

how do I switch my MS Outlook from Off line to On line. Appreciate this sounds like a very basic question but I have been experiencing issues with E Mail only on my laptop (which runs Windows 10) since 6.00pm on Thursday when I had a Java update. Initially BT said it was an issue their end. They now say its a problem with the laptop settings. I should be able to click on the 'Work Offline' icon ordinarily I thought and this would allow me to switch back to 'Online'. Its not doing anything but has a red cross and is greyed out.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** am sorry for the issue. Please check the top of the Outlook window. Does it say something about Safe Mode?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no nothing showing that I can see
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK. Since there could be several possible causes of the issue, the best way of solving it would be to establish remote desktop session. That will allow me to see the issue myself and help you solve it. Let me know if you would like that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure if its relevant but the whole problem started when I kept getting a dialogue box up to enter my password. BT said it was a fault they were aware of with sections of their Network from last Wednesday evening that would take a few days to sort. I chased them Sunday and Monday and they then said the problem was resolved and the issue was now with my laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes happy for you to have remote access
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Please click on the link below to download a remote desktop assistance program so that I can remotely connect to your computer: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=f6358442-b614-48de-87a7-71014b7d1ba7When a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Connected.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Problem successfully solved via remote desktop assistance!For any other issue, feel free to contact me again.You can now rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.Regards,IT Miro