Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I think my hotmail.com account has been hacked

i think my hotmail.com account has been hacked
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?Also, are you still able to sign in or access to your problem Hotmail account now?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mac - I can not send or receive emails
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about your persisting issues.Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly assist you in fixing your Hotmail issues while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry i have just paid
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about the confusion. Like I mentioned in my last reply, this remote access option is a optional additional service offer with a minimal extra flat fee (on top of the question value) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i hv now received in coming emails but can not send out - hv you done something?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now all sorted - many thanks - what ever you did but can you confirm whether or not my account was hacked?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Janetta,Thank you for writing back and I am glad that you are now able to send and receive emails just fine. I have just checked your security options to ensure that your account is intact that caused a refresh thus your account is now working fine.I believe your account is intact and not hacked. The failure to receive emails at some time is caused by internet traffic and congestion of the Hotmail server. As long as your password ***** ***** and all your security information are intact, your account should be safe.I hope that helped. Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help :)