Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Morning, I am trying to create a mail merge so that I can print

Customer Question

Morning, I am trying to create a mail merge so that I can print address labels for envelopes but am having problems, can you help ?
David
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the problems you are having please David?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, I am trying to issue labels for envelopes through mail merge but I just cannot get passed first base
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, where do you get stuck on first base, whats stopping you David?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, thanks but I am nervous about letting someone I do not know having access to my computer, so it will have to be like this, sorry !
I am clicking on Word, then clicking on start mail merge, then going into labels, it comes up with options and I am clicking ok but it does nothing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
its no problem David, I have been doing this for a decade and accessed thousands of computers plus you have control over everything, but if you wish.
But then I am going to need you to be much more descriptive here please so I know whats going wrong.
For example, what are you using as the source data for the mail merge?
What options did you select?
What do you mean with nothing?
Please be very descriptive and detailed in your responses so I can understand what your doing and whats going wrong.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok this is obviously getting too technical for me already, the machine we need this to be on is not this one so I will allow access to the other machine but presumably you will need me to work from that one, is that correct ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes, if you accept the offer here, then I can connect to the other machine.
First accept the offer then I will tell you how I will access the other machine you are doing this on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already paid an amount of £26.00 this morning via Paypal to***@******.***, this is you I think ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That is for help via this messaging, which we are doing now, so answer your question.
If you want me to connect to your computer and do this all for you its an additional service David as it then takes a lot more time.
As I explained, its an optional service else I need a clear description of the problem from you
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem, I will pay the additional as I need to sort this out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just paid it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** computer you are doing the mail merge on, do these instructions so I can connect please
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID is###-##-####Password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you