Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Office Software Specilaist
Experience:  I am a self-employed computer specialist more than 10 years experience working with Microsoft Office computer software.
76287196

Hiya, I am still running Microsoft office 2007 on my systems

Hiya, I am still running Microsoft office 2007 on my systems ( dinosaur I know!!) In Excel if I create a new worksheet within the same spreadsheet, is it possible to link a cell to a cell in another worksheet for example if I have a main sheet called building
works and one of the catigories is called Roof, but also have another worksheet called roof within the workbook, if I change the value of something in the worksheet called Roof, is it possible that it would altomatically be able to change the value or the
price of "roof" in the main front page worksheet?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you with your question. Yes, of course, you can link cells from one sheet to another within a spreadsheet workbook. If the name of the first sheet is Bldg and the name of the second sheet is Roof, let's say that the total of the expenses for Roof is in cell M20 an that you want to link an item in Building at cell F4. The way to do this is to place the formula =Roof!M20 in cell F4. Then the value in cell Bldg!F4 will dynamically track the changes in cell Roof!M20. You can even do this by point and click, without having to remember that the sheet is referenced by Sheetname!. Just start with and = sign in the cell where you want to place the link and use your mouse to point to the sheet and cell to be linked. The formula will build the sheet reference followed by the cell reference, and cell will show a dotted border. Then press enter to complete the link. If you are satisfied with my information and advice, please be sure to give me a Good or Excellent rating. If you are still having problems, please let me know. If you have any more questions, of if there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!
RULE: To reference a cell on another sheet within a workbook, use the sheet name followed by the cell name, separated by an exclamation point. A cell reference always starts with an equals sign.EXAMPLE: =Sheet2!B2If you are still having problems, or if you have any questions, please let me know. IF I HAVE SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, I WOULD APPRECIATE A GOOD OR AN EXCELLENT RATING. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING.
*********************************************************************************
I forgot to check the rating box. You can rate my services now.
Joel Kalman, Office Software Specilaist
Experience: I am a self-employed computer specialist more than 10 years experience working with Microsoft Office computer software.