Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I was working on an assignment 3000 words, then i highlight

Customer Question

hi i was working on an assignment 3000 words, then i highlight my document went on the tool bar click on referent and blibliophy. One minutes all my work gone, which was very upsetting. i panic how can i get my work back. This is what it save under
Works Cited
There are no sources in the current document.
Bibliography
References
Category: Microsoft
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi i was working on an assignment 3000 words, then i highlighted my document then went on the tool bar and clicked on reference and blibliograhy. Next minute all my work is gone, which was very upsetting. i panic how can i get my work back. This is where it is saved under Works Cited There are no sources in the current document. Bibliography References There are no sources in the current document.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Which version of Word are you using? And are you using Windows or Mac?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am using windows
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back. Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10?Also, are you using MS Word/Office 2003. 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016?Please let me know so that I can assist you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i highlight my word document, then click on reference toolbar for reference and citation.My document desperate i got panic, instead of undo button i click do button by mistakes because i was in a panic, then close n save the changes by mistakes. i could find the document in resent item, i could only find the same title of my document but without words only the words bibliography reference and citation I'm using word 2013
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information.What version of Windows are you using? 7? 8? or 10?I am asking because if you are using a supported version of Windows, there is a tool that can retrieve such overwritten document through Shadow Copy. If your Windows is not supported, then unfortunately, since the file was overwritten, it will never be recovered.So please tell me which version of Windows you are using.Regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'm using windows 10
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thank you for that information. The tool that is used to retrieve the overwritten copy of your document is only intended for Windows Vista, 7, and 8. Since you are using Windows 10, then we can just try to install and use it.Do you want me to remotely access your computer so that I can do the recovery process entirely while you watch? Or do you want me to just provide you the steps so that you can do it on your own?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes that sounds good i would like to know how long is gonna take, cause in two and a half hours i need to head to work
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
In less than an hour we will know if we can recover the overwritten document or not. If the recovery takes a lot of time, then, we can resume any time without any extra fee.I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how long its gonna take and if it doesn't work would i still pay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the document was on my pen drive when i was doing it and also it normally auto-save on my computer just providing a little more information
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. 1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=da6692ce-06bf-40ba-9685-3d0e9ddcea4b2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi im back just to check if there's any possibility to retrieve my document.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Please let us resume with the remote session. Please use this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=8be0e793-0be4-4d63-966d-62ea303b79fdDownload and run the remote tool.Thank you.Jess