Shefin
Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

I ran the Windows 10 upgrade on my windows 7 PC and got a message

Customer Question

I ran the Windows 10 upgrade on my windows 7 PC and got a message saying there was no windows 10 graphics driver available. However I had not realised I had connected the monitor the on-board graphics port not the PC graphics card. Having connected the monitor to the correct graphics card port and upgraded the driver I find I can not get the windows 10 upgrade to run again. It still keeps referring back to the lack of a windows 10 driver for the on-board graphics rather than recognising that the separate graphics card is loaded with a windows 10 compatible driver. How can I get past this problem problem?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Please let me know the make and model number of the graphic card and your computer too, so that I can assist you further. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The graphics card is a Radeon HD 5450 and I have already downloaded a 64 bit windows 10 driver for it. The computer came from a small UK company called N-Power and is currently running the 64 bit version of Windows 7. The problem is that if I try to run the Windows 10 update from scratch , it still comes up with the error generated when I incorrectly hooked the monitor up to the onboard graphics port rather than the Radeon card to which the monitor is now connected. It just seems that although I have corrected my original error, the Windows 10 download process won't allow me to start from scratch.PS I apologise if this is a bit garbled but I am 68 years old and in no way a computer whiz. I have already got windows 10 up and running on my main PC. I am trying to upgrade my old PC for my grand children's use when the come to stay. (If they get to my main PC they will probably change it so much I wont be able to find anything on it!)
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, When it is trying to upgrade to Windows 10, it shows the incompatibility with the motherboard and that is why you are not able to upgrade it. You need to do a clean installation Windows 10 in order to get it resolved. In order to do a clean installation, you have to backup all the data in your computer. Then, create a Windows 10 DVD using the media creation tool from the link below. Please find instructions from the same link to create and use installation DVD. If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I Nhttp://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I first contacted you I advised the Windows 10 upgrade identified there was no available windows 10 graphics driver not that there was an incompatibility with the motherboard. Not withstanding this, I saved my data, formatted the hard drive and reloaded the 64 bit version of windows 7 scratch. I then downloaded the windows 10 driver for the Radeon graphics card and used the media creation tool to create a Windows 10 installation disk.When running the installation disk I no longer get any driver compatibility issues flagged and the load appears to run completely. However, on completion windows 10 will not start and I just get a blank screen. I have tried this reload 3 times now with the same result. Where do I go from here?
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, After restarting, are you able to get to the login screen? Where you enter the password? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ShefinThanks for your efforts but I have cancelled my just answer account. I would have thought they would have let you know.Sorry.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, That is alright. Thank you for contacting us. Bye!S H E F I N