hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Other
Experience:  I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican and skilled in the troubleshooting of Microsoft Office problems
40928634

I've been using Microsoft Front Page , and have

Customer Question

Hi - I've been using Microsoft Front Page for years, and have built many very successful web sites. I recently installed Windows 10 to replace Windows 7.
That works fine, but not with mobile phones.
What is the solution please?
Eric Booth***@******.***
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.
Hello there I am little bit puzzled. Is your question about Front Page or Windows 10 please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10 - there are numerous web sites which say that Windows 10 doesn't work with mobile phones. For example :I built a site, using Front Page, and uploaded it. Everything worked fine . A few days later I downloaded Windows 10. A few days after that I had to make a few alterations to the site (you know what clients are like!) I FTP'd the changes, and they show on my laptop, but nobody that I know has these few changes on their mobile phone. Why not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go out now, until about 2.30pm British time (4 hours away) so don't "bust a gut"! Eric
Thank you for the clarification. Windows 10 opens the Microsoft Edge browser by default which looks at the normal webpage. When you open your mobile phone's browser it will also go the normal website unless it is directed to the website's mobile site which is laid out to be more visible for a mobile device. Maybe the changes weren't uploaded to the mobile site?If you go here , you can see if the website is mobile friendly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The changes aren't uploaded to the mobile site. How do I do that please?Thank you,EricPlease E-mail the reply to me
Hello there you would need to use a website design programme that has mobile templates or if you are using a CRM such as Wordpress, you can use a use a free app plugin.​Unfortunately you will need to redesign the website from the ground up. Here is some information
In the interests of giving your websites better SEO, Google requires your websites to be mobile friendly; hence the tool that I directed you to above.​Frankly, Front Page is obsolete and is holding you back. What you need to do is use a modern CMS such as Wordpress; Wix; Joomla to build your websites.
This shows you how to access a website's mobile page using your desktop browser
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I simply can't understand all that ! I've paid £28.00 for NOTHINGWhat are you going to do about it?
Please tell me who is hosting the website that you're ftp'ing to. It could be a plug in on that website that is blocking the view to mobile devices?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the Hosting people - https://customer.heartinternet.uk/manage/manage-packages.cgiBest of luck! No hurry, I'm going out again, on business for a couple of hours.Cheers,
Eric
I'm sorry but I cannot access a 3rd party website. I have answered your question on how to resolve your issue. The problem lies with the either the hosting site or as I have explained, the obsolete Front Page programme that you are using to design the websites.​Please contact the hosting people and explain that a hosting plugin is preventing updated content from displaying on mobile devices.You are paying me for answers and I have explained what needs to be done. I do not run the hosting company.