hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Other
Experience:  I am a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technican and skilled in the troubleshooting of Microsoft Office problems
40928634

My laptop had Office 2010 professionally installed while I

My laptop had Office 2010 professionally installed while I was in Brazil. It worked fine for many months. Now I have returned to the UK it is asking to be activated. I have tried entering the 25 character key which seems to work. However next time I start it up it asks to be activated again. The error code shown is 0xc004f074.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.
This can be caused by using a Volume Licence key version of Office or the version on your computer is different from the key that you possess.If you click help in Word and click on about, what version of Word does it say please?
If the key you possess matches the copy of Office then please call the Microsoft product activation number which is ​0800(###) ###-####to activate your copy of Office.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The version name is ***** ***** Office Professional Plus 2010. The version number is ***** 14.0.7163.5000 (32 bits)
There is also a message - This product is not licenced - connect to your corporate network. It was installed in 2010 when our daughter was working for a small company which closed down in 2012, so there is no corporate network to connect to. However it continued to work without problem until I brought the laptop to the UK last month.
Hello there this is a commercial version of Office. What may have happened is that the special key used to activate Office has been blocked by Microsoft for being used too many times.Please contact the toll free number I have listed above to see if they will reactivate your copy of Office.